The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Judge n Jury

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bettingboy
    • Total Posts 100

Back it and it loses, back it and it loses, back and it loses, back and it loses. DON’T BACK IT…<drum>

14/1 winner. Do we have any stats about how many gamblers end up wearing jackets that fasten at the back?… <!– s:lol: –>:lol:<!– s:lol: –>

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

One of the great joys of punting – we all do it :(

bettingboy
    • Total Posts 100

I recently read Patrick Veitch’s book. Good quote in it that goes something like this: ‘Remember, you are betting on animals running across a field.’

sea pidgeon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 326

I recently read Patrick Veitch’s book. Good quote in it that goes something like this: ‘Remember, you are betting on animals running across a field.’

How true!!!!!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8393

I was watching Ascot on the BBC [red button; only knew about it when it was briefly mentioned on Saturday]. Richi was quite adamant that the horse would win. Must say the coverage was really good and seemed more relaxed than usual with a lot of banter between Richi and Ray Cochrane [?]. My S.O. kept saying ‘did he know something??’ However, they did point out that the horse usually comes good later in the year.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Me and a friend have been put away on this horse about 3 or 4 times this year, leave it and it wins *sigh*

AndyCapp
    • Total Posts 5

Tough game punting, anyone he thinks overwise is a fool. I was keen on the chances of Euro Trek in the Beechers chase a few years ago when I saw the price of 75/1 on Betfair I began to doubt myself.

Did someone know something that I did not? Was the stable cat ill? How many horse win at 75/1 (25/1 tissue) :?

So I placed a small £10 bet just to cover myself in the event that I was on the right track…. of course it won and won well. :shock:

I should have hammered it at that price, I still won a fair amount from a small bet but it was nowhere near what I was going to put on before my mind played its tricks on me! :cry:

Its bets like this, if got right that can be a turning point on a profitable season.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Dear oh dear, AndyCapp; only 3 posts and already 2 after-timed winners?
    If your aim is to convince the denizens of this forum that you’re some kind of punting God, there’s any number of places you can put your selections up

before

the race, and you might actually earn both respect and credibility.

AndyCapp
    • Total Posts 5

Nice welcome reet, it nearly made me misty eyed. :roll:

I’m no punting God as you put it, if I were wouldn’t I be claiming I had put a lot more on instead of being honest about it?

Oh your jibe must also be in response to Ugenius, well sorry all over the place, I was simply replying to a post on class 5+6 races.

No hidden agenda just thought this was a place to visit after reading a few posts, but I’m sure you will be watching and pointing out anything else I do that displeases you! :P

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Bit Harsh Reet 2 penalty points. I think Andy was trying to make the point for some punters one bet could have changed everything and sometimes you kick yurself for not trusting your own judgement.

If I go back to the late 80’s or early 90’s a grey horse who I can’t remember for the life of me what it was called won the big race on a Saturday at Donnie.

I had seen him run beforehnd and immediatly thought "gotta bet that"

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the early morning prices he was the 66/1 and 50/1 outsider of the field with Hills and Ladbrokes.

I stuck 300 quid on him and was going to have even more on but my bottle went as the doubt set in. To this day I can remeber what I said when he won in a photo…….and it wasn’t hurrah! it was you stupid effing bastid why? why? why?

I renovated my house with some of the winnings and pity the rest went towards buying my first racehorse. Shocking I can’t remember that horses name :oops

Even today I still doubt my own judgement when I fancy a big loud one and you do tend to reduce your bets…..

Look at the lads who fancied and backed Art Connisuer at 40/1 on here. I thought TAPK would have been able to retire until he said in apost what he had on the horse. It was about 1/10th of what he had on Tartan Bearer ew if memory serves me correctly.

I think it’s something every punter goes through at some point in their betting lives.

:

terrycorner
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

was this grey flat or jumps ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.