The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

JP McManus Horses….

Home Forums Horse Racing JP McManus Horses….

Viewing 6 posts - 18 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 602

Looking at tomorrows runners, I’ve noticed something that suggests maybe something isn’t quite right in the JP McManus camp….

A couple of months back, JP paid EUR 300,000 for Donaldson, a group winning horse on the flat in Germany. I’ve been waiting for him to run in the UK, and tomorrow, he finally makes his hurdling bow at Newbury. However, it appears that, rather mysteriously, the horse is now owned by an FS Williams. Is this normal practice, to buy a horse for quite a large sum of money, then sell it before it’s even had a race???

Darren – Anglo German

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

FS Williams – is that Freddie Williams, the bookie?

Maybe it was a present. Or a settlement!

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

To say Jonjo may not be the trainer Nichols is laughable. Jonjo knows his craft inside out as does Nichol’s. They swapped stables and horse tomorow nothing would change

I doubt that very much…..

Its up to JP what he does. I must admit it is a little hard to see what satisfaction he gets from it but everyones different.

Who would posters consider to be the shrewdest owner in jumps racing? Trevor hemmings seems to have a nice quality team, but I mist say its not something i take lots of notice of, so interested to hear…

JP isn’t different he’s a real down to earth racing man and does it for the crack not for the money. Unless someone has actually been there and done it they wouldn’t have a scobbie doo what I am talking about.

Ramsden was the shredest owner he spent everyone elses money and had a ball doing it……….lost 2 million and that was a good week.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

FS Williams – is that Freddie Williams, the bookie?

Maybe it was a present. Or a settlement!

Wouldn’t surprise me Gareth. Know nothing of JP’s betting habits other than the various rumours but Williams would probably be one of those who could take him on.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Mc Manus has considerable shares in Coolmore stallions, I would say he is making a tasty profit from that, even if his NH expenditure is making a loss.

colinf
    • Total Posts 144

He rarely bets these days. He admitted in an interview last year on Irish TV that he enjoys following racing as a hobby but doesn’t follow form as closely as he used to and relies on others judgment and opinions(hopefully not Frank Berry’s!). At the likes of Cheltenham and Royal Ascot he will get involved but again its just a bit of fun plus it provides fodder for the High Street firms via the red tops to generate betting interest via ‘ JP wins 250k at Cheltenham……..’ type headlines.

Viewing 6 posts - 18 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.