The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's Season 4

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni's Poni's Season 4

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Bit of interest for the next 2 Seasons Boz,Lol.Your fellow ends up round the 115 mark come Dewhurst time and progresses to 120’s for 2000 gns then its game on,125 is a draw but we’ll have to wait till the end of next season to see if he progresses beyond that.I’ll pay up as soon as he does beat 125 but if he’s injured and doesn’t run again we’ll call it No bet if he hasn’t reached that figure.Fair enough?

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Sounds fair to me old boy, very sporting of you :good: And charitable may I add :whistle:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A cracking night’s racing at Sandown. It looks tricky to be honest so I have had just the 1 bet with a cheeky double thrown in. I have pored over the Brigadier Gerard Stakes and see positives and negatives about all the principals. But the only negative I see for Arab Spring is the distance and I feel this will be compensated by the stiff track at Sandown and the fact that he has the master on board who will not let it turn into a sprint. Tryster is the main danger I think but how can you trust that his AW form will match his turf form? I also liked Vent De Force at Ascot but he is too short so I have included him in a small double with the AS.

I shouls add that I am delighted to read that Jack Naylor will be running in the Oaks and that all the 16’s have long since disappeared. She has a major chance I would say and I wouldn’t be surprised if she goes off around 6’s.

£80 win Arab Spring – 7-4 – 7.45 Sandown loser
    £45 win double Arab Spring and Vent De Force loser

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So near and yet so far with Arab Spring and Vent De Force on Thursday. A few sneaky e/w’s today plus a decent bet on the best horse running.

£25ew Ascription – 16-1 – 2.35 Haydock placed
    £30ew Talamda – 7-2 – 2.00 Haydock lost
    £200 win Limato – 11-10 3.45 Haydock lost
    £15ew Toocoolforschool – 12-1 – 3.45 Haydock lost
    £20ew Snoano – 8-1 – 2.20 Newmarket lost
    £2ew Lucky 15 all the above

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I am kicking myself with Adaay as I saw him win at Newbury with Nath and thought he looked a nice sort. I think Covert Girl is a backable price in the 4.40 and hoping she gets me out of trouble.

£25ew Covert Girl – 12-1 winner

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Your not alone Joni.
    I said Cable Bay was one to take out of Lockinge and watched him bolt up without a penny on….. :wacko:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I remember you saying that Nath! Never mind mate – onwards and upwards!!!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So Covert Girl DID get me out of trouble. As soon as she jumped off well I thought I was in with a shout and HP’s yard was on superb form today. Only wish I had done a cheeky ew accumulator on all of them!

+£136.93

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

William Haggas has a nice filly running in the 4.45 at Nottingham. She has been well supported and will be tough to beat.

£80 win Bella Nouf – 5-2- 4.45 Nottingham loser
    £10rev f/c Bella Nouf/Figment loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Having one of those spells at the moment when mine keep getting touched off. Happened again with Bella Nouf who was just getting on top of main rival Figment when a Stoute outsider suddenly swoops and does them both! Never mind – still got my head just about above water and I have a couple of nice AP’s coming up. I am feeling very confident about Jack Naylor at least finishing in the 3 and I also have the fav at 4’s. My speculative 8’s about Gleneagles is starting to look better by the day though I doubt we will know for sure if he runs until Thursday. It is a real pet hate of mine – AOB takes the p1ss in my opinion. For what it’s worth I really don’t think they SHOULD run him as he looked every inch a miler in the Irish 2,000. Still it will be interesting if they do and at least he should have faster ground this time.

Tomorrow there are 3 interesting horses for me. Besharah was a lovely 14-1 winner for me last month and she looked a very exciting prospect. She is only evens tomorrow but I think she is group class and will win easily. Prolific AW winner Tryster was very disappointing when tried on turf last week and I think it is for that reason that Pretend is at a backable price tomorrow. I was seriously impressed with the way he travels and quickens and I think the quick ground will help him. It is only a listed race and I think he’ll take the beating. Finally Hugo Palmer continues in great form and he has a maiden running tomorrow called Twitch who failed by a nose to win last time and should go one better tomorrow.

£150 win Besharah – Evens – Windsor 5.55 winner
    £80 Win Pretend – 11-4 – Windsor 7.25 loser
    £80 win Twitch – 7-4 – Windsor – 8.25 loser
    £40 win Treble

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

William Haggas has a nice filly running in the 4.45 at Nottingham. She has been well supported and will be tough to beat.

£80 win Bella Nouf – 5-2- 4.45 Nottingham
    £10rev f/c Bella Nouf/Figment

I was at Nottingham today Joni and I’d be surprised if William Haggas puts Pat Cosgrove on one of his again!.Three short priced favourites all beaten into 2nd by half a length,it didn’t make good viewing.What was funny was when Pat went to weigh in on the 3rd beaten fav,he asked William if he needed him tomorrow,Haggas face was a picture as he politely declined.Your mate Johnny G was there to watch 2 of his get beat too.The horse to take from the meeting was Sir Michaels Chevely park owned Chestnut filly called Intimation,how the hell she went off 20/1 beggars belief.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Yes she looked good on the TV as well Gord. Any plans to go racing in the near future? I am going to the Oaks on Friday to watch Jack Naylor win and then the first day of Royal Ascot. The Queen Anne looks like being the race of the year. Solow is a machine but I was watching the videos of Able Friend today and he looks on another planet. Then you’ve got a potential Guineas winner in the Coventry followed by Sole Power going for a hat trick of Kings Stands and Gleneagles in the St James. Mouth watering stuff! Would be good to have some company……

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I am very proud and honoured to be guest of honour at Epsom on Derby day,thanks to our very own GDC and his Army pals.I’ll be at Nottingham Wednesday too for our inaugeration of the Notts Oaks worth £45k.Royal Ascot looks like being better than ever,we’ll meet up again for sure Joni pal.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

£150 win Besharah – Evens – Windsor 5.55
    £80 Win Pretend – 11-4 – Windsor 7.25
    £80 win Twitch – 7-4 – Windsor – 8.25
    £40 win Treble

Pretend is out to 5/1 Joni, that looks worrying. I would have been all over Naadirr at 11/1 last night but he ran a stinker last time. The stable did have their first winner for a while recently though.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jonibake wrote:</div>
    £150 win Besharah – Evens – Windsor 5.55
    £80 Win Pretend – 11-4 – Windsor 7.25
    £80 win Twitch – 7-4 – Windsor – 8.25
    £40 win Treble

Pretend is out to 5/1 Joni, that looks worrying. I would have been all over Naadirr at 11/1 last night but he ran a stinker last time. The stable did have their first winner for a while recently though.

Dismal effort from Pretend on the turf, a carbon copy of Tryster really. Naadirr was little better, I think the horse must have a problem, as he has seemed slowly away and utterly devoid of pace in two starts.

I was speaking to someone today who said Tropics can never win first time or when fresh. Oh yeah!

Besharah ended up rather shorter, particularly when compared to the price guide of 9/4. As my old mate used to say, “Where do they get these odds from?, The Beano or The Dandy?”

4/1 Besharah for the Queen Mary now.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Yes Pretend was dismal Stevie and, as you say, the writing was on the wall with that major drift. Just goes to show the danger of reading too much into winter AW form! He looked a world beater a month or so ago. I thought Besharah was workmanlike but she didn’t look particularly happy on the track and clearly Ascot suits her better so she must take the beating in the Queen Mary. Delighted to get that Evens last night.

I have plumped for Jack Hobbs in the Derby. I am convinced that the Dante was a very good race and that the winner will almost certainly come from it. Zawraq is a bit of an unknown quantity but I really don’t fancy the O’Brien horses. In any other year they would be discounted behind a proper Coolmore horse but they don’t have one this year and this year won’t be their year. One of them may run into a place but that will be it.

So The Dante. Why should either Jack Hobbs or Elm Park reverse form with Golden Horn? I usually need to find good reasons to back a horse that has been beaten off levels by another horse over similar conditions on similar ground. Of the three I would think Elm Park has the most scope for improvement given that it was his first run of the year and he was at the front of a searching pace. But he was beaten 5 lengths and the ground is not going to be in his favour. I am not sure he handles the track and I am happy to leave him alone. Golden Horn is the most likely winner. He showed a lovely turn of foot and is very mature for a horse with such little experience. He settled beautifully in the Dante and looks a very laid back type who should have no problem with Epsom. Will he stay? Breeding says “no way”, visual impression in the Dante says “of course”. I do just have a sneaking suspicion that he benefited from a good hold-up ride though and, whilst he is clearly the best 10f horse in the race, I wonder if he might find one staying on past him. Perhaps not but 7-4 doesn’t really do it for me.

Although Jack Hobbs was also having his 3rd run, he looked far more green that his stablemate and I reckon the experience will have taught him plenty. Like Elm Park, he was up with the leaders all race and kept on really well without having the pace of GH. He is pretty certain to stay and should really improve for the step-up. He is a big strong colt who should be able to handle the rough and tumble and I think he is a cert to finish in the first three. 7’s is a pretty decent price I think so I’ll take the chance that, with a bit more experience, a longer trip and slightly more tender handling in the early stages, he could reverse that form.

£100ew Jack Hobbs – 7-1 – The Derby placed +£75

-£13.07

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I can’t wait for tomorrow and the Oaks. For me you have 2 rock solid form fillies and several who have yet to prove themselves but could be anything. I am happy to be on the proven horses at great prices. I think Legatissimo is the likeliest winner but I think Jack Naylor could run her close. Elsewhere I have had one bet. I really liked Arod at Newbury and he has good course form so I think he will win well.

£100 win Arod 2-1 Oaks winner (can’t believe I said Oaks???!!!)

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.