The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's Season 4

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni's Poni's Season 4

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16971

Here he is Joni looking magnificent. I think Nathan took a lovely headshot of him at Newbury that he posted on my compy thread on 30th May.
    Take another look at that race he ran last in at Newbury won by Birchwood, so many decent horses have come out of that.

Shalaa – Impressive Winner at Newmarket 30th May 2015

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16971

Well done guys by the way and Jac is up to 117th nationwide in the telegraph competition.

I’m going to try really hard to get into the top 100 for us all Nathan, but that’s where it will probably end…The League as a whole is doing really well, could we possibly win :yes: I can just see you up there accepting the prize on behalf of all 37 of us..(does a packet of Haribo stretch that far B-) )..

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

Here’s the Newbury photo. Joni was still in the car.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

And here’s Shalaa out the back on debut has turned out to be a very good maiden.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£6,724.85

Thanks for the pics guys!!! He is a lovely looking horse. I wouldn’t worry about him for next year Nath. The sire and dam improved with age and I certainly don’t think this one has finished improving yet.

A winning day again thanks to Shalaa and I thought Pallasator ran very well. I knew we were cooked when Andrea decided to challenge on the inner. You have to come wide at Goodowwod.

Tomorrow is the best day from a punting point view I think and I have had 5 bets.

I like the unexposed Conneticut in the first. Luca’s horses are running very well and this one has solid form in the book and could be better than these.

Next up I am giving Aktabany another chance. You can ignore his last run when James Doyle had a brain lapse. he is better than that and is a good ew bet dropped down to this grade. I would fancy taking on the fav anyway.

Farrh was a fav of mine and his little brother Basem is heading in the same direction. I expected him to jump up to Group races after his last win but this is a big prize and I think he is capable of lifting it. He only just does enough this horse and I think there is more to come.

In the Oak Tree I am really torn as three of my friends are running against each other. Osaila, New Providence and Kiyoshi have all won for me before and I am loathe to go against any of them. I have grouped them in a fun little combination forecast and have plumped for Kiyoshi as my main bet. This filly is ONLY a 7f horse, 6 is just too short and a mile is just too long. She has the prefect trip tomorrow and will take the beating I think.

Finally I was fascinated to read Hugo Palmer this week telling us that Twitch works with Covert Love at home. One of them is a Classic winner, the other runs off 77 tomorrow in a handicap and is 16-1. Clearly she doesn’t do on the course what she does at home but he still thinks she should get black type and believes she has thrived since winning last time out.

£50 win Conneticut – 10-3 – 2.00 Goodwood loser
    £35ew Abtakanay – 8-1 – 2.35 Goodwood loser
    £50ew Basem – 6-1 – 3.10 Goodwood placed
    £75ew Kiyoshi – 5-1 – 4.55 Goodwood loser
    £3 combination forecast Kiyoshi, New Providence, Osaila
    £25ew Twitch – 16-1 – 5.30 Goodwood non runner
    £2win Lucky 31 the above

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£6,406.25

A first losing day for a while and some disappointments. I thought Abtakanay was a bit unlucky as he got hampered just as he made his run but I can’t say he would have won. Kiyoshi was given far too much to do as was Basem. Twitch was a non-runner but goes again tomorrow and I’ll be going back in for him in a much easier race at Thirsk.

The only other bet I am having is in the Nassau which is one of my favourite races as my dear old ex-girlfriend Midday used to win it every year! This year looks a fantastic renewal with 3 excellent fillies in Legatissimo, Diamondsandrubies and Star of Seville not to mention Lady of Dubai, Wedding Vow and Jazzi Top. I have backed all of the first three mentioned at some point this year and any one of them could win tomorrow. Legatissimo is a very classy filly who has been so unlucky the last twice but I just wonder if she has had a hard enough season already. This will be her 6th race and she is not really progressing anymore. If this was 12f or the ground was soft I would have no hesitation in backing Diamondsandrubies. She reminds me a bit of Peeping Fawn who kept on improving all through her 3 yr old career. But the one I like over this distance, on this track at the prices is Star Of Seville. She showed her class lto in France and I think she may just get a soft lead again today. If she does she will be very hard to beat.

£100ew Twitch – 7-2 – 5.10 Thirsk placed
    £35ew Star Of Seville – 7-1 – Nassau Stakes loser
    £20rev f/c Star Of Seville and Diamondsandrubies

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

One more bet for today. I think it is significant that Olivier Peslier comes over for the ride on Dartmouth. He was super impressive last time out and the 6lbs rise doesn’t look enough to me.

£50ew Dartmoouth – 7-2 – 2.35 Goodwood winner

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£6,485

A small profit on the day and on the week so happy enough. Dartmouth won very well even though it needed some desperately rough riding to get him out in the clear. Legatissimo was all class today and the only surprise is how she managed to get beat in her last two races. Star of Seville just wasn’t good enough. Twitch ran ok but she’s clearly not that good. Sad to say goodbye to Hughesie, a top, top jockey and a really nice bloke.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

1 bet tomorrow and it’s another Stoute horse. Yet Again is supposed to be showing plenty on the gallops and runs off a very reasonable mark on her first handicap. Not much of a price but she should do the business.

£150 win Yet Again – 2-1 – Chester 5.25 loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£6,335

A quiet week but I see some significant money for De Sousa’s in the last at Brighton. A recent recruit to the Johnston yard and running off a very low mark.

£100 win She’s Invincible – 15-8 – 4.50 Brighton loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I have 1 bet this weekend but it is a confident one. Hawksmoor was very impressive first time out and I think she could be a Group 1 filly in the making.

£200 win Hawksmoor – 9-2 – 3.35 Newmarket loser

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Check this filly out Joni.

Antonoe is a First Defence 2yo trained by Pascal Bary and she fairly blitzed onto the scene at Deauville on Friday, scampering 6 and a half lengths clear of the favourite. Watching the race a few times I concluded that if you took the winner out you would be left with Frankie’s mount, the Al Shaqab favourite for the event, running out a promising looking winner.

Antonoe looks to be a size bigger and she is an early foal. Perhaps she is just physically superior for now and none of today’s runners had run before so it is hard to evaluate the form. There seemed confidence in the market behind the favourite though and the Abdullah owned horse absolutely hammered them in a time close on two seconds faster than the colts race at the same trip earlier.

It is group 3 company for Antonoe next time and we will get a better idea then. She runs at a mile at Chantilly but she looks well fast enough to me to be a Guineas filly. The trainer doesn’t seem to venture to the UK so it would be the French Guineas if she is good enough you would imagine.

Both of the maidens on the Deauville card have thrown up good horses before and I know they think a fair bit of Vedevani, the Dubawi colt who won the colts race and the trainer seems to expect he will be group class in time.

I think Antonoe is a seriously good looking prospect anyway.

Good luck this weekend.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/1636/

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Antonoe is a First Defence 2yo trained by Pascal Bary and she fairly blitzed onto the scene at Deauville on Friday, scampering 6 and a half lengths clear of the favourite. Watching the race a few times I concluded that if you took the winner out you would be left with Frankie’s mount, the Al Shaqab favourite for the event, running out a promising looking winner.

Antonoe looks to be a size bigger and she is an early foal. Perhaps she is just physically superior for now and none of today’s runners had run before so it is hard to evaluate the form. There seemed confidence in the market behind the favourite though and the Abdullah owned horse absolutely hammered them in a time close on two seconds faster than the colts race at the same trip earlier.

It is group 3 company for Antonoe next time and we will get a better idea then. She runs at a mile at Chantilly but she looks well fast enough to me to be a Guineas filly. The trainer doesn’t seem to venture to the UK so it would be the French Guineas if she is good enough you would imagine.

Both of the maidens on the Deauville card have thrown up good horses before and I know they think a fair bit of Vedevani, the Dubawi colt who won the colts race and the trainer seems to expect he will be group class in time.

Good luck this weekend.

Great spot that Steve!!! She looks potentially quite special. Definitely gone straight in the notebook. Thanks mate!!!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stevecaution wrote:</div>

Good luck this weekend.

Great spot that Steve!!! She looks potentially quite special. Definitely gone straight in the notebook. Thanks mate!!!

I haven’t seen any enthusiasm for this filly anywhere Joni. If she were trained by Andre Fabre or Mme Head-Marek maybe it would have caused more of an impression.

Pascal Bary has had Six Perfections and Divine Proportions through his hands and my initial feeling was this filly may tread similar ground if she progresses nicely.

Either she is very good or the rest of those were crap. I expect to see her in the Boussac so long as she makes the right development this year.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Home Of The Brave is entered in the Hungerford Joni. 8/1 with William Hill stands out to my eyes. Only half those odds with Paddy Power.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Sorry for the late replies Steviw – I’m only popping in and out at the moment as it is that August quiet period. Great spot on the 8-1 HOTB who is now best priced 5’s. Having missed the 8’s I’ll wait and see what is declared now as it looks potentially a lot tougher than his last run especially if Toormore and Safety Check run.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

On holiday so just checking in every now and then and seen that old dog Satellite went and won today!!! Sometimes life just isn’t fair.

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.