The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Jolly Boys Outing

Home Forums Memorials Jolly Boys Outing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Racing press noted his absence at Towcester on Tuesday and turns out he’s been put to sleep. He last ran on 9th May – anyone know what happened? There is a campaign to have a race named after him at Towcester where he raced 31 times (3 wins). R.I.P.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

I always feel it’s truly awful when a very young horse dies, but when an old horse dies it’s terribly sad for a different reason. This old boy was 13 and has been denied his retirement. Another lovely horse and so sad he’s gone. Would like to know what happened though.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1874

Hopefully this sees the end of David Ashforth’s ‘Angles’ column – his utterly irresponsible ‘journalism’ has made a sad outcome even worse.

Jolly Boys Outing had earned cult hero status at Towcester and will be sorely missed in the marshmallow pits of low grade racing. :(

RIP

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Hopefully this sees the end of David Ashforth’s ‘Angles’ column – his utterly irresponsible ‘journalism’ has made a sad outcome even worse.

I couldn’t agree more. It wouldn’t have been so bad if he’d updated it once the facts were in the public domain

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

There’s a piece about him in today’s RP supplement. Apparently it was a two man job getting him out of his field because he’d be off. They’d just got hold of him when he jumped the metal gates, somersaulted and broke his back. Just absolutely tragic.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Thanks for the update Bonanzaboy. Very sad.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.