The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

JAMIE JONES ?

Home Forums Horse Racing JAMIE JONES ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pod
    • Total Posts 41

I’d appreciate it if anyone out there could give me a bit background on apprentice jockey JAMIE JONES (5lbs)?

Apparently, fairly active during 2005-06 riding for mainly trainers based South of the Watford Gap. Followed by a racecourse absence of six months from mid-February to mid-August last year. Since his reappearance he’s been steadily clocking up rides on the AW for seemingly more northerly based yards. Which is the reason he’s popped up on my radar screen again.

Strong possibility he’s changed stables but why the six-month absence. Thinking out loud, could well be some sort of injury or maybe personal problems that put the brakes on him – but then I’d only be guessing. However, during the past few months word seems to have got around amongst interested parties as increased bookings appear to indicate.

Googled him without much success, likewise the ‘cuttings library’ of the Racing Post didn’t have all that much on him either.

Many thanks

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Can’t help too much I’m afraid other than I recall Jamie riding a few for Brighton based trainer Gary Moore. These were largely owned by an N J Jones – I have no idea whether this owner is any relation of Jamie.
    I think this owner paid good money for Adopted Hero, who became a fairly useful hurdler and joined Howard Johnson. Think it is now back with Jones/Moore. Owners colours red and white- sometimes confused with Sheikh Mo!
    I see that Jamie is getting regular bookings at Southwell and Wolves for trainers like Quinlan and Gollings but have no idea who he is apprenticed to. Sorry!

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8966

Thought you were looking for some Clash info there for a second pod.

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

That would be his father, who is (shall we say), interestingly connected.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3216

According to the BHA website, he’s currently apprenticed to Mick Quinlan and his agent is Nick Adams.

AP

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Thought this was a thread about Leeds Rhino’s forward Jamie Jones-Buchannan but with a dodgy title.

Alas it’s not but he’ll be fit for the new season if anyone’s interested :)

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Thought this was a thread about Leeds Rhino’s forward Jamie Jones-Buchannan but with a dodgy title.

Alas it’s not but he’ll be fit for the new season if anyone’s interested :)

Has he had a shave yet?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

I’m not sure Smithy – think he might still be going for the Robinson Crusoe look. :lol:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.