The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

its a bit like winning

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems its a bit like winning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

I was going to enter this system in the Barrys Quickie comp but was to late.<br>it is horses to lay. <br>the reasoning behind it is that the trainer has not had a single winnner at the track in question over the past 6 seasons. So why should they start winning now?<br>some will even be favourite they are of course the best ones as there is little to lose.<br>here are some examples <br>J.W Hills newbury  last 6 years 0-37<br>M. Ryan newbury   ""      ""       0-19

<br> newmarket rowley

ej alston   0-38<br>g. bravery   0-25

<br>leicester  <br>  mw easterby   0-34<br>g kellaway 0-30<br>

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

thurs 3 feb<br>140 tow    bayou princess<br>240           crocker<br> 220  keslo<br>ballinahich castle

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Good theory behind this Seagull but these 3 (all correctly predicted as losers) were returned 20/1, 33/1 & 66/1. God knows what sort of price you would have been able to lay them at. :o

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Hello Seagull,<br>May I ask a question please?

Do you recommend that a trainer (who has not had a winner at an A/W track for six years) should have had a minimum number of runners in those years for that trainer to qualify ? I mean, I presume you would not consider a trainer who has had a strike-rate of, say, 0-3 over the six years. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance.<br>

(Edited by hoofhearted at 9:52 am on Feb. 4, 2005)

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Hoof <br>I look for at least 10 losers over that period myself.<br>I also take a look at some that may have won just 1or 2 races as long as they have over 50 losers to go with that. <br>for ex at wolv aw   <br>jd bethell   0-15<br>jj bridger    1-60<br>cn kellett    2-119<br>but just doing the ones with zero here

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

That’s great, Seagull. Thanks for that.

Actually, I’ve just noticed my original post did not make sense ……….. I wrote: "   – a trainer (who has not had a RUNNER at an A/W track"). Should of course had read "a Winner". Now edited.

Thanks again.

(Edited by hoofhearted at 10:01 am on Feb. 4, 2005)<br>

(Edited by hoofhearted at 10:03 am on Feb. 4, 2005)

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

3 losers thursday  so +3.00

friday <br>340 font  mister putt     trainers record 0-30<br>410 font  alasil                                       0-30<br>200 catt   kalou                                      0-30

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

3 more losers friday so 6-6 so far

sat 5 <br>300 ling   western roots       trainers rec 0-33<br>4.05           fellow ship          ""            "   0-38

<br>

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

2more sat so 8-8 now

440 wolv sunday   desert fury    trainers rec 0-36

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

<br>record is now 9-9 (100%) as 1 lay sunday which came 4th that was Robin Bastimans<br>Hes got the same horse out today 4.30 wolv<br>desert fury

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

another loser so 10-10 now.<br>this topic does not seem to get much intersest so I am stopping posting  but its always worth a look at if the fav comes from  a trainer that fits this system.

Larry
    • Total Posts 25

Hi Seagull<br>i’m always interested in what you post  only trouble is i’m snowed under with work so i dont get much time on the net(only reason i’m in now is i have a 9am dental appointment) i hope you reconsider this thread & carry on posting<br>btw well happy FIREHEIGHTDAN got greyhound of the year<br>all the best<br>Larry

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5825

Seagull,

There are 2546 members on TRF – and a tiny percentage post. I think the majority of people<br>rather just read than respond.

I wouldn’t get disheartened.

Regards- Matron<br>:cool:

lineform
    • Total Posts 100

Hi<br>Seagull<br>matron is correct in what he says , why don’t you keep the thread going until say the end of feb , that way we can see how it is doing<br>we are all guilty of just reading the topics we should reply more , i think no reply is better than a negitive one anway and by that i don’t mean constructive comments just plain negative one that can be disheartening as well<br>your threads are always one of the first i turn to on trf as well as kersly and artemis threads

keep up the good work

Lineform

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

might as well cary on then <br>so far this has a 100% s/r 10-10<br>fr wolv 125 nutley queen tissue is 9/2 <br>trianers record 0-70

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.