The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Isla Pearl Fisher

Home Forums Memorials Isla Pearl Fisher

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7519

Nick Alexander’s veteran chaser perished following a fall at Perth today.

One of my favourites who came into his own once he went chasing and finished with a very creditable 8 wins from 34 over the bigger obstacles. I never reckoned him a looker, but he had decent engine. He will be much missed by Amy MacGregor who looked after him and by all at the Kinneston yard.

Rob

Participant
    • Total Posts 363

How sad this grand old lad didn’t get a life after racing … he truly deserved it. RIP

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1874

So sad – I enjoyed some good days thanks to him. Built like a huge greyhound.

RIP

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

So sorry to hear this. Always follow the Alexander horses when I’m at Kelso. Was Lucy riding him?

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I see that Kit was riding him. I always find it even more sad when it is a sponsored race; I thought about sponsoring a race for my sons forthcoming wedding but hated the thought of there being an injury during the race.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

So very sad to see his name here. 13 years old and I’m sure would have had a lovely retirement. I’ve been watching him seemingly forever. A horse I’ll not forget.

I’m not technical enough to put a link on, but for anyone that’s interested, Nick Alexander has put a lovely tribute to the horse on his website.

Participant
    • Total Posts 363

http://www.kinneston.com/site14/

Just need to scroll down abit to find tribute and photos … obviously a special member of the stables …

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.