The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Adverts, is this the greatest ever made?

Home Forums Lounge Adverts, is this the greatest ever made?

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Bet you watched it the first time though?

Nope. I’ve never seen it all the way through.

For all I know, the ad ends with Jack Straw knobbing a flamingo.

Steve

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

I’ve never seen it all the way through.

For all I know, the ad ends with Jack Straw knobbing a flamingo.

Oooh, nearly!

It’s a heron.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

• Total Posts 302

just saw the john west tinned salmon ad for the first time in a while, where the fisherman fights the bear for the fish.

Real FUNNY!!! :lol: could watch it all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOpKFPEah3E

• Total Posts 2440

The best one has to be the fosters ones.

The one where the Pelican eats her head.

"Remember folks, feeding time for the penguins, 3 thirty".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Total Posts 1800

that new esure advert, with the woman saying "when i was with ‘bleeped out’ insurance company and had an accident they didn’t give me a courtesy car but with esure, they did straight away, no problem…"

three things – i thought esure only want people with 4 years no claim bonus, if she has got 4 years ncb then maybe courtesy cars weren’t the done thing when she had her last accident or maybe, she just crashes too much to have any right to moan – get orf the road

merry xmas

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but if not…why not?

That awful air freshener one with the kid sitting on the toilet! It’s just so wrong in so many ways, I don’t know where to start.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

totally agree; I’ve always felt very uncomfortable about that advert….

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

Yes I agree. What were the advertising people thinking when they sat round the table. I know what about…….Would those same people let their own kids be that one on TV? mmm Think not and who the hell let their own kid feature in this? The mind boggles. Money? :cry:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

The Irn Bru one with the snowman and the kid ala The Snowman. Magical.

• Total Posts 2390

Who is that women on the Somerfield’s booze ad. "Did you get the tonic?…What are they like?

Well I’ll tell you what I’m like darling…get your own ******* tonic and while your at it you can pay for pile of **** for Somerfields…I’m off down the pub.

zome
    • Total Posts 232

The countrylife butter advert makes me so incredibly happy that i sometimes cry a bit when i think about it.

I mean… the hedgehogs rolling up the cereal… it’s just…. oh… it’s so lovely.

*sobs*

daiesy
    • Total Posts 104

i like the Areo advert (nice one for the girls/ gay men lol), but the best was the guiness advert – tick follows tock (wit the horses in the sea!?!)

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

I didn’t really get the Cadbury’s gorilla advert when I first saw it. I still don’t. What does a drumming gorilla and Phil Collins music have to do with chocolate?

By far the worst one I saw recently was some 2 minute long government (taxpayer) funded load of crap telling everyone to switch everything off because we’re all so bad and the world is going to end because of our CO2 emissions. Yawn.

Almost as bad are the other government ones saying "Use your head: teach" whilst trying to make out all these inner city schoolkids are so well behaved and interested in learning…

One of those contact lenses ads (the cheesy one with the swimmer and the mountain biker) is pretty bad because the crappy music is on such a small loop. And it’s seriously crappy elevator music as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

telling everyone to switch everything off because we’re all so bad and the world is going to end because of our CO2 emissions. Yawn.

1) We are, and it is.

2) Welcome back, Scary Tory Woman.

Luv,

Wet Liberal x :mrgreen:

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

If he’d got out of the car and said “Pea and Ham? From a chicken? Now that’s clever!” then it would have been a good ad. 8)

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I don’t know about greats (but then I’m not a rev head :twisted: ) but I did spot a couple of Sydney and south Wollongong scenes in there! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Greatest advert on TV at the moment…..that one with Brains dancing to "Rhythm is a Dancer". Classic! 8)

And has anyone noticed the happiest news of all? Those Picture ads have disappeared? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.