The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Is it worth backing Hearts Cry on the basis that…

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Is it worth backing Hearts Cry on the basis that…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

He is the only horse to have beaten Deep Impact? Having watched the videos of deep impact I find it hard to believe the horse got beaten.. It is difficult to know what DI is beating in Japan but given the visually impressive nature of the horses turn of foot at the finish Hearts cry must be some horse.. Though win figures of 5 from 12 (I believe, thats from memory) are slightly worrying given the competition..

beauzam
    • Total Posts 80

Look at the time of the race in which Deep Impact was defeated and then compare that to the races which Deeep Impact won.<br>                              regards bzm<br>                        

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Can’t get on the RP through work so can’t look beau, what were the times? I’m guessing his win times are slower?

Soapy Danger’s been taken out of the KG now… No decent 3 yr olds

beauzam
    • Total Posts 80

It was significantly slower(tactical) by Japanese standards,2.29 from memory,and given his position in running a mathematical impossability to run down a horse of Heart’s Cry’s ability.I’ll post the video link when I come home from work or you can find it at youtube.com.<br>                                       bzm.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

No offence but its easy to over-rate Deep Impact. Record is excellent yes, but as yet he has not taken on and beaten the best of the Europeans and until he does, more than once and in different conditions he cannot even begin to be considered an all time great. Incidently his highest RPR so far is 127 which makes him a good horse but as yet he’s done nothing to genuine prove he’s really outstanding.

Agreed 127 is a figure he’s probably capable of bettering and there’s no question he’s good but how good is impossible to say.

In answer to the question Would I back Hearts Cry because he’s the only horse to have beaten Deep Impact? No, not a chance. That’s not to say I wouldn’t back him for another reason just not on the stength of that one win.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Beau, i’ve seen that link but must have missed his defeat? Either that or it’s not been posted…

Can we expect hearts cry to try and make the running? The blue brigade are running cherry mix to ensure a good pace for sparky so that may foil his abilty to dictate from the front setting it up for HR and sparky…

If HR had won well last month I would have been backing him but I’m doubting whether he’s still as good now

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Heart’s Cry looks a little short at present to me, I expect him to go off around 9/2 or 5/1. He’s run to a similar level on his last 3 starts when narrowly beaten in the Japan Cup by Alkaased (likeable as that horse is, he wouldn’t be 10/3 for this), though cam from further back than the winner, his defeat of Deep Impact, who wasn’t at his best and his win in Dubai where he had the run of the race moreso than quite a few of his rivals.

I think that form is as good as he is, and puts him very much on a par with Electrocutionist (as does a crude line through Zenno Rob Roy via the Juddmonte and the Japan Cup) but Hurricane Run’s Arc form is superior. I wouldn’t back Hurricane Run at the likely prices with Soumillion on board and the only bet I’ve had on the race was in the antepost market when they were paying out on a top 3 finish in the place market and I backed Maraahel at average odds of 5/2.<br>

(Edited by davidjohnson at 4:07 pm on July 27, 2006)

beauzam
    • Total Posts 80

the video;

http://www.jra.go.jp/vi/doc/vg_g1bn/asx … sh_dsl.asx

pm me if you cant open it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.