The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Is it reallly three years today….

Home Forums Lounge Is it reallly three years today….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1921

..since the founder of TRF and our syndicate Craig Mitchell sadly passed away.

Whenever Derby Day is on the horizon I think of that sad day and remember what many of us have to be thankful to him for.

Thinking of Debs and Luke (who looks more like his Dad as he gets older).

Fortunately he doesn’t share his Dad’s passion for all things Notts Forest!!!!.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

Indeed GD, lovely post. Derby Day will always have that memory attached to it for me too since that day.

I think he’d be glad that the forum he worked so hard to create is still going strong and that so many of his friends still contribute.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I thought it was the 4th but I could be wrong

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

It’s uncanny how like his dad Luke is becoming. Doubtless Debs is proud as punch of him, and rightly so.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Crikey, so it is. I remember I went to Epsom that day and read the news on here in the morning. Very much hope that wife & kid are coping.

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

I agree with GD, Derby Day’s approach will always bring back memories of the horror and shock we all felt that day. I’ll never forget it.

Send our best wishes to Debs and Luke, I do hope they’re OK.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

.. I knew what this thread was about when I read the title.

Daylight .. 8)

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Well said all round. Hope all close to Craig were blessed with happy recollections of him yesterday.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

cybermum
    • Total Posts 8

Nev and I would like Debbie to know that our thoughts are with her and Luke at this time of year, Craig was a lovely friendly guy who started this forum for people who loved racing and like to talk to others who shared the same passion.

It is great that there are still a few of the original members on here who may remember the chats that went here late into the early mornings sometimes.

I know Nev had a great respect for Craig, they had long chats about the sport they loved. I think It’s great to see it is still going strong today a testament to the good work put by all who are here today, and by the founder Craig.

Regards
    Sue and Nev

Soba
    • Total Posts 94

It is lovely to see this thread on here, good on you GD for starting it.

I’m sure when Debs see’s this thread it will mean an awful lot to her of that i am sure. I have had the chance already to speak with her this week but i will take this opportunity again to send her hugs.

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2183

Can only echo all that has been said…

Hopefully they have broadband in heaven (though hopefully not with Virgin media ..)

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6408

I can hardly believe it is the third anniversary already of Craig’s passing.

Kindest regards to Debs & Luke

Matron
    :cool:

Tete Rouge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 119

As always, thoughts with Debs and Luke at this time.

I so often have cause to think of Craig – there are a number of us whose lives have been enriched by the forum, the syndicates and the friendships that have grown and endured.

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Ditto to all of the above.

Luke is growing into a fine young man, and I’m sure his old man would be incredibly proud of him.

Mrs_Em
    • Total Posts 2

Thanks everyone so much for your messages. It’s great to see the Forum still going strong (thanks Corm!), Craig would be proud and very very pleased.

Luke’s getting on really well, he’s 9 now (going on 13 some days) but yes I’m very very proud of him.

Thanks again for your lovely messages :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.