The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

iris's gift ready for action

Home Forums Horse Racing iris's gift ready for action

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 263 total)
  • Author
    irisgift1
    • Total Posts 70

hi every1,<br>        im new to the forum but decided to join when lots of you slagged my horse off for beating baracouda at the festival since then he’s had lots of problems but is back in form and ready to run when we get soft ground at our local ground bangor on dee  

irisgift1
    • Total Posts 70

well thats all in the past it’ll be good to see the big grey horse back in action. saw him training last monday he looks fit and ready to give kicking king a race off his life

bring on cheltenham 2006

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

It’ll be great to see him back!  I’m with Grasshopper though; I don’t recall anyone slagging him off, and why would we? Credit where it’s due.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

Just can’t wait to see this horse back on track on Oct 9th. I’ve followed him right through his career beginning with a small novice hurdle he won on Channel 4’s ill-fated Lunchtime show so I was delighted when he won the Stayers and equally disappointed when he had the setback at around this time last year.

After seeing the way he jumped at Lingfield at Grade 1 pace I am certainly thinking about having a ‘fun’ ante-post bet on him for the Gold Cup. He’s had a lot of setbacks with various things but if he hacks up first time out he’s sure to halve in price especially with no obvious challengers to KK & BM being around.

Btw irisgift1, are you a connection of the horse or just a fellow big fan???

(Edited by PAULCS at 10:18 pm on Sep. 13, 2005)

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

I cannot wait to see him back in action, a true top class horse.

irisgift1
    • Total Posts 70

yes i am the owners daughter and we have had lots of fun with him over the past 4 years and i cant wait to hopefully be there on the 9th oct it should be a good day what ever the outcome.

The Wizard
    • Total Posts 92

Isn’t Iris’s Gift meant to be following a proper novice chasing campaign this season, in which case he’d be unlikely to meet Kicking King until next season?

irisgift1
    • Total Posts 70

he will go in low key races to start off with and then he might go on to run in the gold cup depending on how he performs in his low grade races <br> who knows anything could happen x

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Quote: from irisgift1 on 11:44 am on Sep. 15, 2005[br]he will go in low key races to start off with

<br>….which, if he wins them both, will presumably mean just the two runs in novices’ chases at the smaller tracks, before the strictures of the newish novices’ chase rules mean that he can ONLY take in similar races if Class C or higher thereafter.

Before he steps up, then, Bangor plus A N Other small racetrack are hopefully going to be treated to a potential top-class chaser passing his apprenticeship doing handstands.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

question   . will John jo  l be training at jackdaws for the next couple of yrs , and will AP still be the stable Jock !!!

<br>I am out of touch with Jumping stuff , but I am wondering how much longer the JP alliance will hold

Ricky <br>

irisgift1
    • Total Posts 70

of course jonjo is going to still train at jackdaws! i doubt it will change in the next few years because 60% or more of the horses that jonjo trains are jp’s and ap isn’t stable jockey he’s just retained by jp that’s why most probably he won’t be riding iris’s gift (ted) x  

irisgift1
    • Total Posts 70

if anyone ever has any questions on iris’s gift (ted) i will be happy to answer them 4 you or try at least

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Iris’s Gift

Hiya<br> Let’s start off with a curved one!<br> How did Jonjo manage to get him beaten, in the race before his Stayer’s triumph?<br> I am aware it was his first run for a while, and that he gave away lumps of weight, and it may have been mere coincidence that another of Jonjo’s benefited from those factors, but I’m sure your answer would be of interest.<br> No malice intended, by the way, you have a very nice horse, and I sincerely hope he fulfils all your dreams, but this is a racing forum, and questions such as the above are germane to its content.<br>

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

"ap isn’t stable jockey he’s just retained by jp that’s why most probably he won’t be riding iris’s gift"

Just after AP joined Jackdaws/JJ, didnt the owner actually say some like AP was a good lad and would probably do a good job, but they were actually very happy with the job Gerragty had done, and he (BG) actually would be first choice if he was available?<br>Keith

cheltboy
    • Total Posts 129

With BG set to ride Kicking King, who will get the ride on IG this season.  Presumably JP will claim McCoy for whatever hrose he acquires to run in the Gold Cup.

I can’t wait to IG reappear.  If he’s sound, he’ll be a fantastic prospect — capable of a tilt at the GCup in March, unless the Sun Alliance is on the agenda.  But I suspect that if the two early season runs go well, it will be too dificult to resist the lure of the big one.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9201

Iris’s Gift is a horse I’m greatly looking forward to seeing over fences. Top class hurdler and has all the attributes one would look for in a chasing prospect. The injuries he’s had are the big worry as it is relatively rare for horses to come back from th etype of lay-off he’s had and still figure in the top echelon. Let’s hope he manages it.

Can’t wait to see him and very best of luck to those involved with him.

irisgift1
    • Total Posts 70

thaks for all your support even thogh he has been off for nearly twelve months, we are not sure as of yet who is going to ride ted but barry g has said he would like to still ride him this season beause anything could happen to ted or kicking king. <br>the reason IG didnt win the race before the stayers is that he only had 2 weeks to prepare for the stayers and barry wanted to just look after him instead of tiering him out 2 weeks before the stayers <br> <br>(ted) being Iris’s Gift

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 263 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.