The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish Oaks 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Irish Oaks 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9980

Now that Fancy Blue is heading for the Nassau and Love for the Yorkshire Oaks I’m hoping that Peaceful 5/1 Paddy Power will once again be given the chance to show her talent and win her second Group 1 race.

Having been given a terrible ride by Seamie Herfernan in the Prix Diane. Peaceful was prominent straight out of the stalls and keen to lead but SH takes a visible tug on her and she drops back 3 or 4 places, she is settled and then dropped back again and then pulled out to make an eyecatching run for the line and she almost makes it.

AOB and family mob handed in this as usual but I’m not worried about the favourite Ennistymon (beaten to far in the Oaks by Love and before that by Frankly Darling) and hoping to see Peaceful gain her 2nd Group 1 success on Saturday. :heart: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1847

Ennistymon ew.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2579

I am on Cayenne Pepper at 5-1. Personally think she’s a brilliant filly. Clearly has taken time to come to hand this season, but given she’s always been viewed as a middle distance filly, Harrington will have worked her preparation around this. Made a lovely reappearance behind Magical it was clearly a prep and Jessie suggested she was surprised she managed to keep 2nd.

Concern is she has a mountain of O’Brien fillies in her way and some with any amount of improvement there. Would hoe she is better than Ennistymon, but who knows with one or two of the others.

I’ll have an each way play on New York Girl as well. She missed the start and gave the field 5ls last time. Given that was at the Curragh she forfeited any chance of getting a good early position. She was probably a 250/1 shot after that, and to run on like she did (from off the camera). Her proximity to Gold Maze reads ok, as he ran decent in the Derby where nothing go into the race. I think she’s a very good filly + whatever ground comes she’ll be ok with as long as it’s not tarmac!

Cayenne Pepper 5-1
    New York Girl 20-1

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2570

Ah finally, ennistymon gets her group 1.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2579

Finally Ham on her 2nd start in a grade 1….poor things had to wait long lol

I’d be disappointed if something doesn’t beat her tbh. She’s a good filly, but very much beatable. Cayenne Pepper for me is a filly that is up to G1 standard.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1783

Cayenne pepper for me too

Ennistymon is solid but she has been comfortably beaten in her last 2 races and id be a little disappointed if cayenne pepper was unable to beat her

Gl all

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1847

Ennistymon may have improved since Epsom I is thinking, its interesting AOB took out Peaceful he must think one of his is capable of taking first prize without her in it.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2570

Why would you be disappointed jack? Shes had 4 runs and shes improving from run to run, one less than cayenne pepper and within 4lbs of her, if anything that statement should apply to both, ennistymon has the better 3yo form, still nothing really to suggest cayenne pepper has trained on, she had the right horse infront of her, too far infront though, getting the best part of a stone. Ennistymon a mare who looks like she will keep on improving, as is typical with obriens mares. she will win this pretty easily :whistle:

FF, was cayenne pepper not soundly beaten by magical and quadrilateral ? I dont get how that applies to ennistymon but not CP?

Ill be keeping an eye on laburnum At bigger prices

Good luck lads

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 222

triptych is having bad luck backing peaceful haha

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17610

I’m close to certain I’ve never had a bet in this before, hence I wasn’t willing Antepost, but at around 5’s, I’d be happy to back Snow as well. Think that looks very fair.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9980

Nice one Bobby best of luck. :good:

Ha ha Thanks Istabraq disappointing but I’ll wait patiently for her to have her day again. I had a kindly early message that Aidan hadn’t mentioned Peaceful as a runner in the Irish Oaks and I cashed out my bet early. She did have a tough race in the Prix Diane like Fancy Blue also taken out so it makes sense really.

So back to the drawing board I’ve had a good look at the remaining eight and it was a close call between Laburnum and Snow and I’ve chosen Snow.

Cayenne Pepper..Really top class but she hasn’t won at the distance.
    Ennistymon and Passion
    Both had a hard race in the Oaks and looking back to Pink Dogwood and Fleeting last year chasing home Anapurna, they never won again that season.
    Even So is a lovely filly who will get the trip but she seems to prefer more give in the ground. Herself and Laburnum had a real ding dong battle at Naas last time on yielding ground both could run into places here.
    Laburnum EW..very lightly raced filly and has a strong will to win she will be thereabouts.
    New York Girl..
    Highly tried in Group company running against the colts in tbe Irish Derby and 4th to Peaceful in tbe 1000 guineas but she didnt quicken and may prefer softer ground.
    Yaxini has been beaten by my selection.

Snow a flashy chestnut with a big white face who catches the eye with her long stride, is proven at the course and distance and looks like she will stay all day. What’s more she is in the exact same ownership as Peaceful Mike. :good:

My only concern is her jockey as Wayne Lordan has orders to ride Ennistymon just wondered if Jack or anyone has any opinion on Michael Hussey don’t know anything about him.

SNOW 7/1 WIN
    Laburnum 10/1 EW

Best of luck ..Jac :good:

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2579

She didn’t really improve last time though Ham i’d say. I’d be surprised if she’s ran any better at Epsom than Ascot. She was absolutely hammered as well. Also at Ascot, she was certainly eye-catching but given how FD ran like she was half mad too, she was well beaten as FD was eased down.

Aidan’s can improve at any point, i won’t say she won’t win, but i’m saying i’d be disappointed as so far, she’s not shown me to be a top top g1 filly. I’d be hopeful something that wins this is.

Within 4pds of an Australia mare that i think will excel for 1m4. Just my view. There was enough last time to suggest Cayenne Pepper trained on, come on, none of these are Magical yet anyway!!

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2579

He’s been there since the start of his career basically Trip, but more as a work rider. A little like Padraig Beggy, he won’t be riding for Aidan if he’s not a very good rider. Obviously not one of their main race riders though, and i suppose without Moore and Seamie he gets a go here on a horse that has a decent chance. Wouldn’t let it put you off!

Not sure why Padraig Beggy hasn’t got the ride though!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9980

Thanks Jack..knew I could count on you to know more about him and no it won’t put me off hope it turns out to be a career highlight for him. :good: Best of luck
    Jac
    :rose:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 992

Please folks, don’t lump on Markus Klug,
    if I can’t hold you back place just a small bet, okay :bye: ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.