The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish horses not turning up to Cheltenham

Home Forums Horse Racing Irish horses not turning up to Cheltenham

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 576

Apologies if this has already been discussed…

But does anyone know the implications for antepost bets if the Irish horses are not allowed to travel in March?

Will all antepost bets on Irish horses be void? Will they be settled as losers?
    If they are void, will Antepost bets on English horses also be void or remain as they are or incur a rule 4?

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23867

I got my money back on Monalee in King George race so would think it would be the same

Member since March 2008
    Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 576

If they did that then surely they would have to refund the English ones or a rule 4 as we are not just talking about a few horses, we are talking nearly half the field

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23867

Good point.
    I’d be gobsmacked if they counted them non runners on normal AP rules
    I’m optimistic it won’t come to that anyway
    the lockdown as far as I am aware is to mid Feb
    we have all the Christmas and New Years get togethers infections to come through the system still but the lockdown will see a decrease in infections rates by mid February surely

Member since March 2008
    shipithollabolla
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 129

Don’t expect any official clarification from the big bookmakers about this unless it comes to the crunch. They won’t want punters knowing they’re effectively getting a NRMB freeroll about the Irish horses.

Dave Nevison (in the only sensible thing he has said in a long while, perhaps ever) recently made the point that you could freeroll Chacun Pour Soi at 6/4 now, knowing it’s money back unless he drops dead or publicly gets a major injury in the next month or two.

But when it comes down to it, you have to think it’s 99% sure bets on Irish horses will be voided as a goodwill gesture by all the main Oddschecker bookies if the Irish are unable to run due to travel restrictions. And AP bets on UK horses who make it to the race will stand without any deductions.

seemorebusiness
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24

Just listened to Matt Hancock on sky news talking about present restrictions being law until March 31st!
    They expect to make adjustments before then apparently but its not looking good based on that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.