The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish Greyhound Derby – Comptetion

Home Forums General Sports Irish Greyhound Derby – Comptetion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    trevor
    • Total Posts 43

Hi Guys

Some will remember that I ran a competition for the English version on various sites and created quite a bit of interest for our sport and have been asked by a few to run another one for the above. <br>As there are 162 entries for this particular event I am going to start running it from the 2nd round stage (next week) which will by then be reduced to 96 dogs. <br>There will then be 5 rounds for the winner to be decided culminating in the final on September 18th, and guess what, I will be in Ibiza on Final night but I have a good reserve to give out the final positions, and yes the wife is sacked for booking the holiday for this time. <br>I will personally bring the winner a bottle of duty free back for his enjoyment. <br>As I ran the competition on about half a dozen sites I am also going to total the best 3 scores for each site to see who are the top dogs within the forums. <br>So come on lads, not only a bottle for yourself, the pride of your forum is at stake. <br>Have a go, it’s for nowt and you will all have the first round results to make your decision. <br>The comp itself will be a selection of six dogs to progress the farthest with pionts allocated for heat winners and ante post prices after the first round. <br>If enough are interested I will post up the rules etc. in due course. <br>Please reply to this post if you are interested in going ahead.

Best regards <br>Trevor

ps My 4 against the field at the moment are <br>Droopys Marco 40/1 <br>Make All 40/1 <br>Never Give Up 20/1 <br>Royal Emperor 25/1

pps <br>Message to site Admin, hope this is ok for me to run, let’s hope it creates a bit of interest for your greyhound / sports section

trevor
    • Total Posts 43

Hi Guys

Rules will be posted at the weekend, when off work.<br>They will be pretty simple, heat winners will get 6 pts and 2nd’s will get 5 pts etc, total your 6 selections etc will give you a weekly total carried forward to a final figure. Only twist is there will be a handicap of points depending on the market after the 1st round finishes on Sat night, the bigger the price the more start you get, this may stop anyone just going for the market leaders. I will decide what the handicap will be on Sunday and you will then have until maybe Thursday night next week to submit your final entry, this will give me all day Friday to put them all onto a spreadsheet ready for next Saturdays heats.

Catch up later

Regards<br>Trevor

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.