The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Interesting Nursery Horses

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Interesting Nursery Horses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Seeing as there are plenty of followers of 2-y-o’s on here, I thoughtI’d start a thread that can be added to when interesting nursery horses appear.

The first one to catch my eye is Naayla in the 2.45 Thirsk. This filly has shown plenty of speed for Brian Meehan, chasing home Indian Ink at Newbury would be her best effort. I think 5f could be the making of her and though her draw isn’t great, she looks far better handicapped than either Riverside Dancer or Ingleby Image. Useful claimer takes off 5 lb and it’s interesting she’s still held in the sort of regard to keep her in the Chevely Park. 9/1 on betfair currently.

Another to catch the eye is Ponty Rossa, her mark looks fair and she was impressive in cutting down Dowlleh who had first run in a Wolverhampton minor event last time. The greater test at the trip should suit her and she also looks over priced at around 12/1.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Good call with Ponty Rossa, DJ.

Colin

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

I backed Naayla.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Naayla returns in the 7.15 at Nottingham and looks to hold strong claims it what looks a weak contest. Will be very disappointed if she doesn’t win this.

The main danger may prove to be Fort Worth, who wasn’t given anything like a hard time when shaping well at Windsor last time and his unfashionable connections are ensuring he looks overpriced.

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

I think Andrew Balding’s Star Strider looks well in on 68 and was well fancied in a hot nursery at Goodwood. He wasnt given a hard time last day out and today shud be the day.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Top weight for moi

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

Top weight for me too….

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Cheers EC

Turftrax gave going  as Good (GF in places) same as RP

Shoes :cool:

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Didn’t quite catch exact statement, but on RUK they stated something about  bend being  dolled out 3 yards

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

Cheer EW,

Congrats to you too :cool:

Maurice
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

I know Just Dust got beat the other night but if my figures for Goodwood are right that was just a blip and JD will win easily today.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Just Dust’s  performance  in defeat LTO is a good enough  to beat these as far as i can see

(Edited by empty wallet at 12:15 pm on Aug. 16, 2006)

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Now Cesc is a non-runner its Just Dust for me too.

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 1:01 pm on Aug. 16, 2006)

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Not got home again, but to my eye, it looked like Mr Halford got the fractions totally wrong there

Winner franks Cumins run too <br>

(Edited by empty wallet at 3:25 pm on Aug. 16, 2006)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Just Dust is back at 6f at Newmarket tomorrow but looks worth taking on I feel with Ebn Reem. He’s just 4 lb higher than when second to Eddie Jock and got off the mark when beating York runner-up (off 79) Genteleman Pirate at Pontefract last time. Already proven on soft ground too, I think Just Dust will set it up for him.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.