The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

In Foal

Home Forums Horse Racing In Foal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dartguru
    Participant
    • Total Posts 140

(two quick threads – I’m getting motivated again)

I notice from the BHA Stewards Enquiry records from 14th April at Aintree that Nicky Henderson suggested the improvement of Lifestyle may be due to her being recently covered.

Okay, I follow that, horses tend to improve for a while whilst in foal, but it got me wondering where this information can be found online BEFORE a race rather than after it.

I’ve heard occassional mention on ATR of a horse in the next race being in foal, but is it a requirement that the trainer makes this information public and, if so, can it be find online anywhere ?

Tuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

I’ve often wondered whether mares in foal should be permitted to run at all. Presumably the improved form arises from the increased blood volume that takes place – it’s effectively a natural form of blood doping.

I don’t believe there is any database that would tell you which mares in training were in foal.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8189

I’ve often thought it should be declared in the way that tongue ties and blinkers are. Maybe it’s ben proven that it’s healthier for a mare to remain in training and racing in the earlier stages, just as it’s better for women to keep fit and remain active when they’re pregnant. Who was that horse that won the same race twice, the first time whilst being carried by his mother?

GodolphinArabian
    • Total Posts 275

it does improve them i remember a mare who won 5 in a row i think.. when in foal

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

it does improve them i remember a mare who won 5 in a row i think.. when in foal

http://www.the-racehorse.com/racing/carnaby_s_view/aahgowangowan_the_joys_of_impending_motherhood

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.