The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Imperial Cup 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Imperial Cup 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    • Total Posts 93

Well, fascinating race as usual. Remember that it has only been Class 1 for five years and in that time the younger horses have really shone. So, in terms of trends it wold appear that Tocca Ferro and Cheshire Prince fit the mould rather well. Aather and Qaspal nearly fit the mould too!

In terms of ratings and being well weighted, Oldrik looks like an intriguing runner as does Pistolet Noir.

It is a bit of an unknown for some as it will be quicker ground than some have encountered before – but this just adds to the dilemma of who will win!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 608

I’m hoping Pistolet Noir runs well at a price. The Nicholls 2nd string with Schofield up don’t tend to fare too badly.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

I backed Cheshire Prince at 28’s yesterday afternoon – travelled really well at Doncaster before fading out of it (didn’t stay) and has good winning form on good ground, looks ahead of the handicapper and think he’ll run his race.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Yer all mad :lol:

Qaspal will win this so far McCoy will have a nose bleed on the way up the run in.

Not that I do, but if I he made up a tissue for this race, handicap or not I would have made him a 9/4 shot.

You can imagine my joy when they went 4/1 this morning……..not there now is it? :wink:

Last time out this horse was fly leaping out of McCoy’s hands for the first mile, he then settle for about 300 yds and off he went again.

In the entire race he settle for about the distance between 2 hurdles.

Turning for home McCoy was so confident he hardly moved on him…..even when Siddal went for broke 2 out McCoy allowed him a 4 length advantage before even attempting to as his mount to quicken

When he did say go it was Woosh!!!! race over.

You could argue it wasn’t much of a race, heavy ground and 2m4f but he could have won at any stage, has won at 2 miles and he can utilise his speed to even better affect on good ground.

This is some tool and looks like a future group horse who will be capable of taking on the best to me.

With 10st3lbs on his back against this bunch I think he’s the bet of the season.

• Total Posts 1217

Tocca Ferro for me, Lavelle thinks the world of the horse and is feasibly weighted. Qaspal needs a lot of luck in running.

leither
    • Total Posts 114

Will give pepe simo another chance to prove himself in this company with aather possible danger.

muchofmuchness
    • Total Posts 12

Press the button for me, I’ve not had the time to go into this race in any great depth, but he catches the eye, there was a move for him early in the week, not so positive now with the ground easing a bit.

Lightly raced winning a maiden hurdle, then carrying a penalty, a novice hurdle, with ease. Up in class with a very stiff task at the weights.

Looks like he has been put away for the better ground and possibly with this race in mind, no weight on his back and a strong traveller who can race up with the pace, should handle the stiff finish(won at Ascot on the flat)

Just a couple of quid each way.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I backed Katies Tutor at 50/1 yesterday evening, but suspect that Qaspal will be difficult to beat.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Have went for Pistolet Noir 25-1 and Oldrik 16-1 and a reverse f/c on the pair.

• Total Posts 4293

Sick as a dog.

The only consolation is that Fist won.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Been too busy this week to look at this race, and only just realised that my old friend[?] Tilt was running [thought they’d given up on him]. Would definately have had an ew at 100/1 if I’d realised.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Thanks Ger :wink: Let’s just say there’s a couple of bookies who won’t be having winning today :mrgreen:

• Total Posts 4293

Binocular is still available at 8s or so. . .

:lol:

muchofmuchness
    • Total Posts 12

Nice One Fist.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Cheers! If Binocular wins Ger there will be a riot….I’m not having one more coin on the race and keeping out of it :lol:

Mind you never did get the moans about him now running..lotta punters had a lot of money resting on him Ante Post are entitled to a run……can’t say I’m that happy having reinvested in Go Native which I wouldn’t have, but that’s life as they say.

• Total Posts 1046

Good shout, Fist, nicely done.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Yes well done Fist – Spot on! Keeps the McCoy knockers quiet until the end of day one at Cheltenham at least. :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.