The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Imperial Commander and his stubborn trainer

Home Forums Horse Racing Imperial Commander and his stubborn trainer

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    bhigg27
    • Total Posts 107

In today’s Post, NTD says Imperial Commander will go for Betfair Chase, King George and then Gold Cup. He definitely won’t be going to Ireland for Lexus.

I’m just astounded that NTD is persisting with the horse going right handed in the King George. Way too much evidence now that he doesn’t go right handed. Surely the Lexus is the far better option at the left handed Leopardstown.

His stubbornness is ridiculous and he’ll be a definite place lay again on the 26th of December.

• Total Posts 1046

I don’t think he’s too bothered about it, do you? Having conversed with the owner on betfair last season, I know he’s not either.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

NTD has always come across to me as being a tosser.

Leave him to it

bhigg27
    • Total Posts 107

Couldn’t argue you with there Joncol. I’d be annoyed though if I owned him. Makes no sense.

runandskip
    • Total Posts 412

shame to see that the betfair chase is STILL being run at velodrome jump track at haydock!
    cant they find a decent track to run it at?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

shame to see that the betfair chase is STILL being run at velodrome jump track at haydock!
    cant they find a decent track to run it at?

It’s actually called the

Lancashire Chase

, but gets rebranded according to its current sponsor. By my reckoning that leaves you a choice of Haydock or Aintree. Agreed that the Haydock devastation was criminal, but would the Mildmay course be much better?

• Total Posts 1046

It is the owners decision as much as the trainers. They are happy with the race as a build-up to cheltenham glory.

This is a desperate thread, you need to get a grip lads.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Desperate indeed. When "criticism" of one of the best NH trainers around is reduced to the stylish level of calling him a "tosser" I think we’ve hit a Betfair Forum Low. If you can only be rude, say nothing….

• Total Posts 1046

"he will be trained for one race the GC. In his last two years we have had a prep race in November, gone to the KG and rhen won the Ryanair and the GC. Can’t see anything broken so personally dont see any need to tinker with it or**it. The timing of the races suits perfectly with hsi required treatment and we avoid the risks of travel to Ireland and the heavy ground conditions."

from the

owner

on ‘his’ betfair thread

if this thread is the standard the following NH season will bring, I think we need to start a cull.

• Total Posts 56

I don’t support the idea of wanting to see horses beaten… but I’ll make an exception in this case. Really dislike NTD, he came across as so arrogant after the Gold Cup.

• Total Posts 1046

Desperate thread.

conundrum
    • Total Posts 416

I predict that within three years NTD and his son will become the most formidable father/son partnership in N.H. racing as will the O’Briens in flat racing.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

If the explanation on this thread is correct what does say about the owner? Running in a race he appears to have little chance of winning just because in previous seasons he went on to win at Cheltenham. More money than sense springs to mind.

• Total Posts 4293

Not sure how someone can be adamant that the horse can’t go righthanded, on the basis of three runs, when before last season on the basis of five runs it was patently obvious that the horse doesn’t stay three miles.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

*looks in thread*

*see’s a load of pockets talking*

*leaves thread*

• Total Posts 980

Couldn’t argue you with there Joncol. I’d be annoyed though if I owned him. Makes no sense.

Oh yeah, you can bet your life the ownder of Imperial Commander must absoultely despise NTD. What’s he done with him after all? Just a few minor chases.

Good grief.

• Total Posts 318

what if they don’t fancy racing again in the bottomless ground they encountered last time they took a trip to Ireland.The only time the horse has been pulled up.

I don’t like NTD either but that’s because he’s a dead ringer of my old boss :)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.