The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

I’m so glad Hobbs Hill got up after that!

Home Forums Horse Racing I’m so glad Hobbs Hill got up after that!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Scribbles
    • Total Posts 149

Worst fall i’ve seen in an age, made my stomach turn over. A real neckbreaker. Not since Shalako at Newbury have I thrown my tea over myself whilst watching a horse come down.
    Any post race news re HH would be welcomed.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

me too, that was a real stomach churner – how they get up sometimes is beyond me it really is, though im glad they do

i was on hobbs hill and arsenal and that has just about finished my interest for the day – i dont want to play any more today, i’m scared what might happen to the next one

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Terrible falls – particularly Hobbs Hill – so relieved to see both got up quickly – amazing! PHEW!!

Firestorm
    • Total Posts 62

Glad he got up :) , horrendous fall , hope he has no after effects…

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

The horse never looked 100% comfortable coming round the home bend: allied to the fact that Paddy Brennan ( my opinion) panicked when the others strated closing. Mostly jockey error when horses fall. How often do you see a loose horse falling.

Though I am disappointed Hobbs Hill did not win, I did voice my concerns on another thread that he might not be as good as some people think. It is doubtful he would have won had he stayed on his feet.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

I was initially quite angry that Channel 4 were reluctant to update on the horse. Hobbs Hills’ fall was sickening, and I was far more concerned for him than the jockeys, who seemed to get all the coverage. More was even made of the hoof that Ruby Walsh recieved in the back. Thanks to John Francome for letting the viewers know.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Jeez, that was a horrible fall.

Glad both Hobbs Hill and Pur De Sivola are ok.

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

I was watching on RacingUK and for once they were pretty good – actually saw both horses get to their feet and the commentator kept us informed too.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3216

Ten Plus,

I guess if keep repeating this, the message will get across.

RUK don’t control the pictures as they don’t have any cameras other than the one used to show the presenters. They can only show horses that have fallen if Racetech/SIS transmit relevant pictures – if they don’t, they can’t.

See the thread started yesterday by The Real Barney on the same subject.

AP

Scribbles
    • Total Posts 149

I honestly thought that Soulard was dead before his body hit the ground in the 420. Seeing the horse get up surprised, and pleased, me immensely.
    All told, today was full of shockers at Kempton.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5407

They certainly were chilling falls. Very surprised a) they survived b) they got up so rapidly c) they appeared unscathed

Good news all round

Assuming both horses are physically sound and go to Cheltenham, I’d be wary of either running upto scratch after that experience: novice chasers nto off a heavy fall are not the most reliable of betting avenues.

Of course the odds may drift sufficiently to compensate.

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

I hope they’re both given plenty of TLC, some time off and plenty of confidence giving experiences … I HOPE they don’t run at Cheltenham … they’re young and have time on their side – after those falls their owners are lucky to have horses in one piece!

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

they’re young and have time on their side

Erm…Hobbs Hill is a 9yo.

Scribbles
    • Total Posts 149

I would suggest that Hobbs Hill would be best to wait until Aintree. A jolt like that could cause all kinds of unseen niggling issues and pulled muscles.
    BTW, I meant to type Soulard earlier rather than Pur De Sivola. That was probably a worse fall than HH sustained and almost knocked me out of my seat just watching it. Sickening stuff all round.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 915

shocking falls at the last my heart skipped a beat i think whenn i saw hobbs hill go down so glad he and the other runner got up in one piece

vf

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.