The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New Members Thread

Home Forums Lounge New Members Thread

Viewing 17 posts - 460 through 476 (of 492 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1

Hi Guys and Girls, new to this forum and to betting on the horses, only started late last year when my grandfather got me into it.
    now i like to sit and watch the racing when i have some free time also known to have a small flutter. Keeps up the excitement :wink:

JP

• Total Posts 10

Hi. Mick is the name. Come from Ireland. Big horseman.

Participant
    • Total Posts 18

Hi All, I’m new to here so though I’d say hello, racing fan and general horse enthusiast from just outside Manchester, hoping to contribute a little to the discussions.

http:///www.grand-national-race.co.uk

• Total Posts 5

Hi,A horse racing lover who simply does not like odds on favourites for punting.
    A bit of a novice in internet albeit the late joining. :)

• Total Posts 5

Hi everyone,

I’m new here and to horseracing, too. I’d really like to get into betting on horses but would also like to gain some knowledge first! So I decided to sign up to maybe find some important tips and tricks in here. see you around! :D

taylorj1979x
    • Total Posts 3

Hi everyone,

I’m new, just having a look around, hoping to pick up some tips, have a bit of a laugh.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

have a bit of a laugh.

You’re in the wrong place :(

TomSlater1983
    • Total Posts 4

Hi I’m Tom and I’ve been interested in horse racing ever since king of kings won the 98′ 2000 guineas, allso like golf and football. Nice forum you have here, interesting content, I hope mr Pilsen is wrong about being in the wrong place. :D

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

Welcome Tom, and take no notice of me… nobody else does.

:)

TomSlater1983
    • Total Posts 4

:D

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 6

Hi all!

I’m new on the forum. I’m Caithlyn and always had an interest in horseracing :D

Caitlyn

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

Welcome to the forum Caitlyn and horses4courses. :)

Blackbeard to conquer the World

• Total Posts 1

Hi all,

New to the forum. Riverside Theatre winning the Ryanair got me into racing, been hooked ever since!

Tom

mbugg4
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7

Hi All

Im Michael from Nottingham

Been into racing since the 90s my Favorite horse was ONE MAN I Unashamedly shed a tear when he fatally fell

Im a big speed ratings fan and use Inform Racing

Having trouble with some of my posts not showing up is this me or the site?

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

Hi everyone

I have been interested in horse racing since 1988. I have been introduced to this forum by a family member. Looking forward to joining in debates.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

I have been introduced to this forum by a family member.

Welcome to TRF IBRacing.
    Always good to have family members onside for when the awards are in town.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 617

Oh dear :oops: I just found this thread tucked away in the "Lounge" and am a bit late saying "hello, I’m a newbie here!" Better late than never I suppose.

I was originally not into horse racing, as a kid I used to moan to my dad that the ITV Seven spoiled World of Sport and that they could show more wrestling. The folly of youth !! I got into the sport more through boredom and intrigue than anything else. I was working in central London and sat next to a guy who went down to the local bookies every lunchtime. With not much else to do I started going with him. I went through the stages, wanting to bet on every race being shown including dogs, followed by thinking one big bet once a week was much better. I’ve had my share of wins but I’ve never once thought I would make a fortune with backing horses. It’s just fun !!

I think of it as a hobby just like the weekend golfer, except I might get my money back or more from my hobby. The golfer has to pay for his green fees, golf balls etc and I pay for my bets. What annoys me is the look of horror on some people’s faces when you mention that you like horse racing – "you’re a gambler !?!" Yes, but I’m not walking around in shoes with holes in the soles and a pair of trousers that are 3 years overdue with the cleaning. I treat it just like any other hobby, I spend when I can afford to do so and enjoy it immensely.

I next transitioned to ownership, well that’s what I like to say heh heh heh, it’s just that there were 12 of us. Two horses, one was successful, the other not so but tremendous fun. There are some stories to tell and maybe one day I will. If you ever get the opportunity then I recommend doing it but go in with your eyes open, by that I mean financially. Find out what the costs are up front, make sure you can afford it and then if anything comes back just think of it as a nice surprise. Do not join a syndicate just to get into a stable expecting to get tips. It just doesn’t happen like that. It’s for fun, it’s your hobby and you are now experiencing the joys of ownership, the ups and downs and believe me, there are more ups regardless of how well the horse does. One of my horses was Charnwood Pride who only ran three times but it was still a great thrill to be at the races with "my horse".

I hope that I can be an asset to this forum, I’ve already read so much that has brought a smile to my face and also helped to me keep learning about the sport I love.

Thanks for letting me in !!

Cheers
    Richie

Viewing 17 posts - 460 through 476 (of 492 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.