The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New Members Thread

Home Forums Lounge New Members Thread

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 492 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2390

Hello Cormack

Welcome to the forum

• Total Posts 98

I amAn Ex Police Injured on duty quite severe.While rehabing diagnosed with MS–It in the Family–I may even have Lupus to top it off-Like Winning the reverse Lottery,,

OK I am new to the Horses I am also in the USA—I Enjoy watching the UK races. I take some heat for this.I am like a babe trying to figure out where to go & what to do–

We Have TVG wich was purchased by BetFair-they show somw UK races and Grab one day of a Meet the wager–Punt on–My Darling wife signed me up to ATR so I can watch live–Are there anything like it around—-Also besides for TVG where can I wagere -Punt-Legally–Being the Police doing things legal is important to me–But I am Real sick-Ill—Real injured–I get around in a wheel chair now—-the horses—They give me reason to live——I love the horse—I love the action—Bieng a plce man everyday is action–Then Being couch ridden for a year takes the life out of you—The excitement of the races gave me that back-And heck I’m sorry I love the UK brand of Racing Best—-Any suggestions out there or help——I feel like a little fish in a BIG Pond—Thanks.

• Total Posts 2390

Hello Bud, welcome to the forum.

With your luck mate – I’d leave the horses well alone. It’s a great sport but keep your money in your pocket. :wink:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Hi Bud and welcome to thew forum.

• Total Posts 1537

Alright & good luck picking winners. Probably better asking in the main forum how to bet from across the pond if possible.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Newcomers will quickly see that we have an extremely high standard of comedy on the forum!

:roll:

toellandback
    • Total Posts 8

Newcomers will quickly see that we have an extremely high standard of comedy on the forum!

:roll:

No s**t :lol:

see reactions to my Michael Jackson joke.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Geez, not much to say in response to that opening post.

Apart from….you’ll get plenty of banter and sincere opinions on here, Bud.

Sounds like you’ll be adding to that :wink:

Zip

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Welcome to the forum Bud

TheThrowback
    • Total Posts 31

Less is more, so I’ll confine my posting here to the ”hi” bit.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Hi Throwback .. welcome to TRF.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Hello Throwback and welcome

• Total Posts 98

Late Never made it down into the basement- I am A Retired- Well soon to be retires Officer Of The Law–Came to find racing quite by accident-I was Couch bound with a serious injury-As Time Passed I just about lost my mind. Being I was Super active in all types of sports.We Have a Horse racing Channel I just happen to find-Well They just put it on our Cable System-I had 2 Choices Die from Boredom or Take action-I took action –Fell in love with the Game–A few months down the road-My health Tanked Bad- Stopped playing I was that ill-When we got that figured out I am still disabled–But I look forward to each and every day–Why–The Races–

Thats a little tongue and cheek-You understand-I hope–Oh Yes–I am a Yankee who has been to the UK has many friends there- & wanted nto retire there–My Present Health Sitrep My change that unfortunately.

EdredonBrowny
    • Total Posts 2

Hello all

I’m Andrew, and I’m a little bit vulnerable. I’ve reached out to this forum at the end of a broken relationship – between me and thepunterspost.com, my own (failed) website. It’s the old story; we started out with high hopes, but the magic faded, we spent less and less time together, I lost interest in banging away (on the keyboard, you understand) night after night, and I stopped seeing all my friends. So I’m starting afresh.

A bit more sensible now. I’ve been following racing for about ten years, and I’ve been obsessed for about three. It was jumps racing that got me into the sport, and that remains my main love. My name is from Edredon Bleu, the bravest and most versatile horse I’ve ever seen, and the best jumper. His performance in the Queen Mother (under a perfect battling ride by McCoy) is the reason I follow the sport.

I’m fascinated by the junior rungs of the sport, and a lot of my posts will focus on novice chasers and hurdlers, bumper horses, and 2yo flat horses. I’m also interested in the bloodstock side of the game. Apart from racing, I bet on PGA tour golf (a sport I hate) as it represents the best value to punters.

I also host a podcast, with Jack (on this forum as Zarkava) a frequent guest. I hope that will be available on iTunes before long.

Cheers, and stay lucky.

Ed

• Total Posts 12

Hi, I’m glad I’ve found this, I’ve been more of a ‘lurker’ for a while, and haven’t been brave enough to post anything just yet :oops: :lol:

I’ve only really been into racing for the past 2 years, since I started working at a smallish yard near me, but can’t get enough of it now! I think I’ve caught the bug! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6853

Welcome to TRF "Winger".

I hope you enjoy the forum.

Regards – Matron
    :cool:

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Hi Winger, Edredon and Bud!

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 492 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.