The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Huntingdon inspect

Home Forums Horse Racing Huntingdon inspect

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

RUK indicates that Huntingdon’s card is now subject to a midday inspection.

Unless there’s a fairly localised pocket of rain hanging over the course, I presume this is also on account of the winds. I’m some 40 miles away from Huntingdon, but it has to be said it’s unpleasantly windy here, and that’s in a far less exposed part of the world than that racecourse.

Fiona Needham must be inwardly very nervous that she’s not going to be proved to have made the wrong decision again, poor thing.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Around 20 miles away here and it’s the windiest I’ve seen it for quite a while. The course is very exposed and I wouldn’t blame them for calling it off – but then again, they haven’t got their corporate guests to think of….

RichK
    Participant
    • Total Posts 201

An absolute disgrace! I’ve waited all year for today’s card at Huntingdon! Will the races be rescheduled for tomorrow? etc

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

An absolute disgrace! I’ve waited all year for today’s card at Huntingdon! Will the races be rescheduled for tomorrow? etc

If Huntingdon is called off, they are going to run the races tomorrow and Friday at Cheltenham making it a 13 day card on both days – however any ante-post bets for the Lady Riders’ Handicap Hurdle will be void because the race will now have male jockeys :lol:

Mike

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

LOL @ Rich and Mike

(I’d presumed they’d shunt move the races to Friday to create a 14-race super card at God’s Own Fakenham, to be honest 8) ).

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

A further inspection will take place at 1pm. Choc Thornton is already in the helicopter, gel bra and make-up in place, in order to contest the lady riders’ handicap.

gc

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5706

LOL @ Rich and Mike

(I’d presumed they’d shunt move the races to Friday to create a 14-race super card at God’s Own Fakenham, to be honest 8) ).

gc

Failing that, call off everything and have a 40 race card at Uttoxeter on Saturday……….

Rob

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

A further inspection will take place at 1pm. Choc Thornton is already in the helicopter, gel bra and make-up in place, in order to contest the lady riders’ handicap.

gc

:lol:

Apparantly Choc said to the pilot that he thought they were travelling fast in the high winds. The pilot replied by saying, "I know, and I haven’t even turned the engine on yet" :lol:

Mike

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1906

Well at least he doesn’t need to wear a wig!!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Indeed not!

(Not that Mullet Boy here has any grounds to talk, of course… 8) )

gc

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Racing goes ahead!

gc

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Racing goes ahead!

gc

Well, it does until the Lady Riders’ Handicap Hurdle when false eye lashes and fingers nails being blown away will put pay to the day’s racing :D

Mike

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Iain Mackenzie doing terrestrial telly during Cheltenham week – must be a first!

gc

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1906

Mad buggers McCoy,Thornton and Brennan (amongst others) have re routed I see.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Looks like Fiona got it right this time, and with a vengeance! The wind’s dropped to a safe level, and the course has attracted a crowd of 5,500 for a meeting that usually only pulls 1,000.

gc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.