The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hugh Taylor – Jewel in the ATR crown

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks Hugh Taylor – Jewel in the ATR crown

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Hon Kerr
    • Total Posts 36

Equi,

Regarding the laughable RP business model, I wouldn’t hesitate in saying that they are bringing in at least 3 times more income ATR are at present.

Yes 3 times more income and spending 33 x more than ATR. RP is kapput finished. If ATR do a deal to provide a betting shop edition it’s game over goodnite for Millianton & His Merry Men

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Honk, I only know Hugh through contacts on the internet forums and newsgroups…………over quite a long period now.

Colin

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Welcome to the forum, jose1993.

McEvoy does basically have that job…

For McEvoy I’d say it was a pretty good career move given how Godolphin were doing at the highest level at the time and how he now gets to ride some of the best horses in Australia.

Mystery solved, you’d have thought. McEvoy gets a top gig without a pesky Italian jumping the queue, Taylor doesn’t fancy Oz and thus seeks alternative employment in the industry. No personal connection to Hugh Taylor needed, no ‘inside knowledge’ on his relationship with McEvoy cited.
    But no, the antagonist ploughs on…

jose1993
    • Total Posts 1228

Welcome to the forum, jose1993.

Mystery solved, you’d have thought. McEvoy gets a top gig without a pesky Italian jumping the queue, Taylor doesn’t fancy Oz and thus seeks alternative employment in the industry. No personal connection to Hugh Taylor needed, no ‘inside knowledge’ on his relationship with McEvoy cited.
    But no, the antagonist ploughs on…[

Thanks. I don’t know where this idea has come about Taylor’s using his job as McEvoy’s agent to some kind of other advantage. McEvoy goes home for the best job in Australian racing arguably, and mad conspiracy thoughts regarding Hugh Taylor are being thought up. McEvoy was never going to need Hugh Taylor when he went back to Australia because he always used his Melbourne agent when he went back home early during his Godolphin years for the Spring Carnival. What was Hugh Taylor meant to do with his life according to everyone on here?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

What was Hugh Taylor meant to do with his life according to everyone on here?

Fist probably wants him to have become a racecourse so he can take on Sea The Stars and try and beat him. Obviously if he’d lost he’d have been running over the wrong trip, so then they could drop him back to 1m, he could win a soft Group 1 over a non-stayer and then be proclaimed 10lbs better than Sea The Stars.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Jose,

I totally agree with you, being aware of the situation as it was at the time (at least in the reported press in these parts). It’s those that wish to crab what Hugh has done since that require discrediting, especially with your take on matters in mind, that account being totally accurate on all known sources.

Hon Kerr
    • Total Posts 36

He’s got more spinners on here than the Indian Cricket Team. Surprised that he has the time to ever watch a horse race.

jose1993
    • Total Posts 1228

He’s got more spinners on here than the Indian Cricket Team. Surprised that he has the time to ever watch a horse race.

What are you on about? No one is spinning any information on here about anyone.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Hon Kerr seems to be under the delusion that one must know someone intimately before they can knowingly comment on their abilities and/or previous employment. The fact that McEvoy’s decision to return to Australia was reported throughout the racing press has obviously escaped him completely.

itshimself
    • Total Posts 6

A lot of irrelevant rubbish in this thread. Hugh is doing his job well and I for one are benefiting. You can look at his record for Sept. now, yet another healthy profit.No more to be said really except I don’t know the man ! :wink:

Hon Kerr
    • Total Posts 36

What rankles with Hugh is that there has clearly been a concerted spamming operation in operation in support of his reputation. It always makes you wonder why sum1 is always popping up fanfaring any winners he has! Why dosent he let the results speek for therselves. I mean is there a problem? 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Who exactly is the prodigious Hon Kerr? I think we should be told.

Participant
    • Total Posts 819

Now I understand……

It was Miss Scarlet in the Library with the Candlestick.

If that’s not it can you put me out of my misery and tell me what you’re going on about because it’s more confusing than an episode of Twin Peaks!

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

"………It always makes you wonder why sum1 is always popping up fanfaring any winners he has! …"

Because he’s a nice bloke and we are pleased with his success.

Or is that too difficult for you to believe?

Colin

Hon Kerr
    • Total Posts 36

Does he actually need people’s charitable support. Surely all these ATR punters backing all his winners don’t need to be constantly reminded at how clever he is. In the real world it’s called SPAM and advertising.

I am not picking on Hugh in particular anyway. If that fatt oaf The Couch has a winner he pops up, sorry I mean a random member of the public is on to remind us all how clever he is 2.

It’s a very particular thing that horseracing forums seem to attract the fee seeking charlatans and their assistant usernames. In the olden days they had to pay for their advertising.

One of my better actions has been to expose the notorious Koo on the BF Forum. He was trying to run a business using the internet forums to net his fish. It’s always best to be suspicious of anyone that gets a lot of cheerleading and IMHO that’s the case with the ATR Messiah. I mean could you get any more sycophantic than the title of this fred? :roll:

Hon Kerr
    • Total Posts 36

Who exactly is the prodigious Hon Kerr? I think we should be told.

The Woodward & Bernstein of the Horseraceing Forum :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

You’re a hero, pat yourself on back, champ!

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.