The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

How much do you enjoy the Grand National?

Home Forums Horse Racing How much do you enjoy the Grand National?

Viewing 2 posts - 69 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Spyro
    • Total Posts 1

Hello all,

Just joined the forum this morning as it seems to have Shroo Ds looking through the threads… ;)

Anyway I think this year’s national was pretty good – it is still clearly a jumping test, over 4 miles of chasing jumps mean it will always be…

I didn’t pick out the winner but with some judicious use of Betfair and 365’s half stakes refund offer (Plus some luck) picked out Balthazar King, Double Seven and Rocky Creek to win about 130 for a net max liability of £50 or so 8) (3 places from 9 selections is good in my eyes)

Managed to pick out the winner on 2 occasions – Don’t Push it/Party Politics (My Dad put that one on).

As for the fatalities, the worst falls I’ve seen this year all seem to have come over hurdles on good/firm ground. I noted that Aintree seemed to be notably softer than Cheltenham this year and I thought to myself that there will probably be 0-1 deaths in the national, thankfully 0.

Balthazar King winning would have been my best result, though tbh he didn’t look like winning I thought – and Rocky Creek 5th was actually a far better result than him coming 4th ;).

The hold up for BattleGroup was daft, from what I’ve heard subsequently perhaps he’d have been 33s not 50 if he wasn’t such a ‘quirky’ character – so his ‘temperament’ was reflected in his longish price for a horse of his ability.

I didn’t lay him but the one horse I was going to tell myself never to follow my instinct if it won was ‘Long Run’.

Anyway all in all it was a decently run race and definitely one where no horse had no chance – even the rank outsider Kruzhilin finished 10th.

o/

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Welcome,

Spyro

Giro

resonates more fully with many on here … :)

Viewing 2 posts - 69 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.