The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Horse Racing Blogs…

Home Forums Lounge Horse Racing Blogs…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    InvisibleLayerInvisibleLayer
    • Total Posts 101

Just started mine on sunday here just wondering if there are any fellow bloggers on TRF?

Gavin

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

SPAM again.

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Invisible Layer,

I don’t think many forum members are much interested in reading about other people’s betting activities unless they are on quite a large scale.

Also, there is plenty of scope on the forum for posting tips, systems and opinions, and this is a kind of blog in which we can collectively participate. It is independent, moderated and has no ulterior motive, which may or may not be true of some blogs.

Furthermore, following a blog or creating one yourself are very time consuming, even allowing for the pleasure that passing your time in this way can give you. Time is very short for many people, which also restricts interest in other peoples activities.

• Total Posts 101

why is this spam? just checking there are any members with blogs…..thats all, anyone can post comments

gavin

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I think blogs are generally a good thing, although many people don’t understand what motivates someone to keep one, me included!

I do believe that blogging is a hobby (obssesion) in it’s own right and therefore not really a spamming deal.

This forum should have a bloggers folder because it is and will become more popular as time goes on.

rolandroland
    • Total Posts 302

Agreed DJ, and an excellent suggestion reference a bloggers section.

welcome to the forum Gavin.

• Total Posts 101

Do agree with a bloggers folder it would be a very good idea, mines not moderated and I’m keeping it basic as I don’t have to much spare time due to work/kids etc etc

Gavin

jp
    • Total Posts 9

I’m not sure why this topic has met such a negative response from some people.  The rudeness shown to the poster is a shame as this forum has always been distinguished by the courtesy posters show to each other – marking it out from the Betfair Forum for example.

I’m not sure how the post was spam as blogs are generally not a profit making thing.  There was a similar topic a few months ago and quite a few members have their own blogs – all of which were well received.

For information, and risking the wrath of some forumites, my blog is http://sportinvestor.wordpress.com

I agree that there should be a bloggers folder.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Yet another new member pushing a tipping site, rather than posting his tips on the usual threads.

If betdaq is so desperate to drum up business here, why doesn’t it buy advertising space on the forum?

• Total Posts 101

looks like your way off the mark there Venusian

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

I quite enjoy reading people’s blogs providing they’re not too long and can tell me something I didn’t already know [not difficult…].

I’ve just had a quick rummage through yours [JP], and a couple of things stood out but don’t be alarmed, I’m just being picky in a friendly kind of way.

In the first line I wouldn’t quite put Star de Mohaison in the ”real superstar” bracket at this stage and possibly not Trabolgan either, good though he was but the other two could be regarded as such though, and further down and unconnected with racing is your piece on John Edwards.   Is he really going to trouble Hilary and Obama as you suggest ? slight favourite ?   I don’t dislike him but can’t seem him bothering the main two, I think he had his chance and I’m also surprised you left out the recent vitriolic attack on Edwards by a certain female loudmouth,  as Mr Edwards I thought rose above it admirably and this was worthy of comment.   Enhanced his reputation  the way he handled it.

Nicely written and presented  I must say on a variety of subjects which makes a change,  and you obviously enjoy honing your typing skills as well as your trading:)

As for Gavin’s [Invisible Layer above], as Artemis has said it wouldn’t be of great interest I don’t think to a lot of people as it mainly describes your betting patterns and results, something one can read on BF any day of the week, although I understand it helps you keep track of your trades. I prefer more variety personally but then again I doubt I’m the sort of person you’re aiming at and quite clearly I’m a ‘loser’ by your criteria…lol!   <br>Hope you’ve got over your flu.  I’ve had it to, like just about everyone else I know.

Warning !  if anyone post’s a link to a blog, it may only be me that reads it – sorry.  What else do us bored housewives do…?:biggrin: <br>

• Total Posts 101

thanks LL, over it now live and kicking

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

If your opening had read ‘I have been keeping a racing blog for x amount of time and wondered if there were any other TRF members who have done the same’ then there would be absolutely no problem.

However, you slap a link to the blog (which isn’t actually a blog at all, merely a list of tips) smack bang in the middle of your post and, low and behold, a quick click of the mouse puts you in what looks like a Betdaq boudoir.

When one person does it, it’s (possibly) an honest mistake. When a second person does it, it’s suspicious. Any more, and we’re wondering if Betdaq aren’t taking over TRF from the bottom, up.

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Totally agree about spam posts.  This is another flavour.  Not what TRF is about.

nore
    • Total Posts 151

I can’t uderstand the fuss about blogs. What do they offer above and beyond what has been widely available in the form of personal websites since the mid-90s?

It reminds me of Oasis who sounded everything like something you’d heard before.<br>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.