The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup 2008

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup 2008

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    The Eye Of Sauron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 148

Does anyone agree with me that My Will isn’t without a squeak at a huge price (50’s on BF as I type)?

Form on GTS, soft and heavy reads

Form off a lay off (over 100 days) is 121

When running off a rating of 150 plus (as he does tomorrow) form is 132023

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Quite surprised nobody on this thread has mentioned Royal County Star. His win in the Troytown last season suggested to me that he had plenty in hand, and taking into account the difference between the Irish and English scales he is not that badly handicapped.

Achilles heel is jumping, but if he’s fit and puts in a clear round he won’t be far away.

• Total Posts 638

As posted earlier in the thread

1. Slim Pickings
    2. Albertas Run
    3. Knowhere
    4. Big Bucks

• Total Posts 1415

For some reason I’m really looking forward to this race. Big Buck’s is the one for me. A tough, big powerful type that should be suited by Newbury and the conditions of the race. The thing that concerns me most is that he is a clumsy type and Ruby being injured means he’s gonna need a really good ride from Sam Thomas.

Slim Pickings will stay and he may run well. Knowhere is a tough bugger and will battle but surely he has too little class at his big weight to win this?

There are others with obvious chances in an open race.

The one I can’t have is Albertas Run I’ll be surprised if he wins. The trip will suit him but I have him down as over-rated. Won an average Sun Alliance last year and I’ll be surprised if he’s good enough to win this. he’d be the one I’d lay if I were into laying horses. Probably be a ten length job now lol :roll:

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Knowhere won’t win – He looks like a stayer but a careful look at his form tells you he isn’t.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

I’m hearing through the grapevine tonight that Character Building may be a NR.

Anyone confirm this?

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Knowhere won’t win – He looks like a stayer but a careful look at his form tells you he isn’t.

True.

I’ve been backing the horse for a few seasons now and his jumping is somewhat sketchy.

He tends to get himself behind in his races with slow, but not terrible jumps(did it at chelt again last time), only to stay on again and so seeming like he gets a trip. Whenever he races beyond 2m4f, he just loses too much ground with silly little errors.

To say he needs the run of the race to win would be a big understatement :evil:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Anyone confirm this?

If the grapevine is the Betfair Forum a very large dose of salt is required.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Anyone confirm this?

I just browsed the BF Forum to see if there was anything on there. If I’m honest that thread made me think it might not be true – CB has drifted a couple of points after the rumour was put out on there so I’m presuming thats what the thread creater wanted so s/he could back CB at a better price :?

Crafty

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Possibly – it’s been posted on TH too probably by someone reading the Betfair Forum.

It all depends on whether people want to believe the rumour or not, could be legit but no point in laying it ie. the reason for the drift as if it doesn’t run the stakes are returned anyway.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Anyone confirm this?

I just browsed the BF Forum to see if there was anything on there. If I’m honest that thread made me think it might not be true – CB has drifted a couple of points after the rumour was put out on there so I’m presuming thats what the thread creater wanted so s/he could back CB at a better price :?

Crafty

Insane!! :wink:

batman
    • Total Posts 489

im looking for a bit of value, so i am going to go for 2 outsiders, slim pickings as he gave me a great run for my hard earned cash in last 2 nationals and Royal County star when Mr.Martin sends one over bottom of the weights in a valuable handicap i tend to take notice he also has a good piece of form with Noftra Pere so these 2 will sufice with the latter my main bet

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Does anyone agree with me that My Will isn’t without a squeak at a huge price (50’s on BF as I type)?

Form on GTS, soft and heavy reads

Form off a lay off (over 100 days) is 121

When running off a rating of 150 plus (as he does tomorrow) form is 132023

Your bookie :lol:

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

This email arrived at Betfairs offices late last night

Dear Betfair: Due to lack of funds Character Building left Settrington on Tuesday with young Sean Quinn who forgot his map or he would have arrived yesteday. Thanks to kindly policeman he has now found his way and is walking to Newbury as I type. He just past junction 11 of the M4 and will now have a good nights sleep and with luck and no traffic jams he might just make it.

Signed: Halfwaytoheaven :lol:

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

This email arrived at Betfairs offices late last night

Dear Betfair: Due to lack of funds Character Building left Settrington on Tuesday with young Sean Quinn who forgot his map or he would have arrived yesteday. Thanks to kindly policeman he has now found his way and is walking to Newbury as I type. He just past junction 11 of the M4 and will now have a good nights sleep and with luck and no traffic jams he might just make it.

Signed: Halfwaytoheaven :lol:

I wish I actually got what this meant :(

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Looks like CB is a non runner then!

• Total Posts 2440

Yes, Character Building a non-runner in the Hennessy.

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.