Hattons grace hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Hattons grace hurdle

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 906

I was just thinking that cork

If she has the speed the champion hurdle looks the easier option than taking on benie des dieux in the mares

With klassical dream, buveur dair and fusil raffles all dissapointing so far they must be tempted

Surely worth trying her over 2 miles and seeing how she goes then if she isn’t quick enough go back up in trip for cheltenham and punchestown

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 185

Don’t give up in fusel raffles yet , I reckon he,ll improve a lot on that first run

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1136

I’d retire Apple’s Jade if she were mine. She’s clearly lost that spark and doesn’t owe anyone anything.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

Gladiateur, Elliot said in a betfair interview he’d consider chasing with her if she didnt show the same spark. Wonder whether O’Leary would agree!

Honeysuckle was fantastic, hopefully they go to the CH!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1136

I sincerely hope not, Jack. Imagine if- heaven forbid- she took a fatal fall.

As I said, she doesn’t owe anyone anything. Let her retire to the paddocks in one piece.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1214

Honeysuckle Mares Hurdle all the way. I’m on as a 6-1 ew alternative against Benie and that’s where I would expect her to go.

Well I hope so anyway. ;-)

Ricco
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

She’s a 7 year old, it’s been less than a year since she was beating Supersundae by 16 and 20 lengths!

I’m not saying she will definitely roar back to her former best, but it’s worth trying things and figuring it out. She’s had weird dips of form in the past, you don’t write off that good a horse that young unless you know that there is a problem and have a good idea what it is.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

Ricco, she’s had 25 starts though and has been on the go since 2015. Had 7 races last year.

Personally i think she’s been put to the sword once too often.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Ricco
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

I know she doesn’t owe anyone anything and has been pushed through plenty of hard races, but she hasn’t been pulled up and there’s nothing to suggest she’s distressed by racing. She’s a sound jumper who has never fallen, so you can’t argue that racing is an unnecessary large risk to her welfare.

All I’m saying is there is no way I would give up on her based on what we know, she’s had quirky periods followed by unbeatable periods in the past and if she’s training well and the connections have ideas for her going forward, then why not at least see where they lead.

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1136

Gordon Elliott on the Racing Post website just now:

“We’ll probably try her in headgear for the first time and see how things go and then review things. She hasn’t fired so far this season but she owes us nothing.”

Looks like they’re aiming for the three-miler at Leopardstown over Christmas.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 88

The headgear will need to have a dramatic effect. I just wonder if last season took too much out of her. It takes a big physical effort to power away from her fields like she did. I much prefer to see horses win cosily if they can. They last longer.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.