The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Harry Findley has apparantely kicked off

Home Forums Horse Racing Harry Findley has apparantely kicked off

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Terminally boorish. From what the eye witness journo said on RUK, it sounds as if Coward did the only thing he could do under the circumstances, by keeping quiet and refusing to trade insults. Couldn’t they do us all a favour and warn this sentimental oaf off again, for bringing racing into disrepute?

• Total Posts 1083

Ever since he crowned Denman’s fantastic Gold Cup win with the comment "We came here to break Kauto Star’s heart", I’ve never had any great grá for the man.

Must admit I don’t like that comment either.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Imagine being related to someone like Findlay. Feel sorry for his family.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Harry Findlay is to racing what George Best was to football,what Hurricane Higgins was to Snooker,what John Mcenroe was to Tennis,what the Sex Pistols were to music,what Ayrton Senna was to Formula 1,what Oliver Reed was to drinking,what Tiger Woods is to Sex,i mean Golf,what i am to Ante-Post betting! :wink:– Natural talent with attitude!!

NogbadTheNog
    • Total Posts 37

Harry Findlay is to racing what George Best was to football,what Hurricane Higgins was to Snooker,

What a complete and utter load of bollocks – you should be banned from posting to the forum for uttering such sh*t!

• Total Posts 1083

Well he’s clearly very successful ANTE yeah :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Harry Findlay is to racing what George Best was to football,what Hurricane Higgins was to Snooker,

What a complete and utter load of bollocks – you should be banned from posting to the forum for uttering such sh*t!

Get used to it Nognag! :wink:

NogbadTheNog
    • Total Posts 37

What, that you’re full of sh*t?

Warming Trends
    • Total Posts 46

TRF seems to be quite a spiteful forum. I’m still finding my feet here but so much of the abuse seems , well unnecessary.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

What, that you’re full of sh*t?

I had Mackerel for my tea tonight,caught by my fair hand from Loch Sunart this afternoon! I"m hoping my home made Lobster Pot catches my tea for tomorrow,i shall find out in the morning! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Ever since he crowned Denman’s fantastic Gold Cup win with the comment "We came here to break Kauto Star’s heart", I’ve never had any great grá for the man.

I echo those sentiments

• Total Posts 1511

In Fairness i think i most would give Coward and Roy a good bollocking.

However that doesn’t mean Harry is Mr Popular i have to say

• Total Posts 1083

TRF seems to be quite a spiteful forum. I’m still finding my feet here but so much of the abuse seems , well unnecessary.

Yeah it’s very unnecessary.

binbo20
    • Total Posts 1

Could not agree with you more…such a stupid, heartless comment. He lost alot of fans the moment he said that. And all I can say is Racing dosnt need men like Harry…hes the type of guy who gives racing a bad name…the further he moves away from racing, the BETTER.

• Total Posts 2390

Apparently, PS from the BHA has issued the follow statement:

Harry, you’re a big man but you’re in bad shape – with me it’s a full time job now behave yourself.

Paul Struthers, BHA Head of Communications

:shock:

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

FROM RACING POST

By David Carr 8:49PM 9 SEP 2010

RACEGOERS at Doncaster on Thursday witnessed an astonishing outburst from gambler and Cheltenham Gold Cup-winning owner Harry Findlay directed at BHA chief executive Nic Coward.

Still angry at having been warned off for six months by the BHA disciplinary panel for laying his own horse Gullible Gordon, a punishment later reduced to a fine on appeal, Findlay confronted Coward near the parade ring and loudly called for his resignation, along with that of BHA chairman Paul Roy.

Findlay, best known as part owner of Denman, was later seen in heated debate with owner’s chief Paul Dixon at Doncaster sales over Dixon’s suggestion that Findlay’s initial six-month ban had been merited.

Coward refused to engage with Findlay, telling him this was "not the time or the place", but he was clearly shaken by the incident.

Findlay claims the BHA is pursuing a vendetta against him and speaking to the press outside the weighing room a few minutes after the confrontation, he said: "I don’t care if I never own another racehorse in my life, all I want is my respect back."

• Total Posts 4

Speaking to the press outside the weighing room a few minutes after the confrontation, he said: "I don’t care if I never own another racehorse in my life,

all I want is my respect back

."

Erm… Yeah that’s the way to go about it! :wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.