The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Handicap marks in a trainers shoes – What would you do?

Home Forums Horse Racing Handicap marks in a trainers shoes – What would you do?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HorseWithNoName
    • Total Posts 51

The handicapper has your horse right between the nuts and there’s nothing you can do it about in legal terms but sit and suffer until they eventually fall down the weights, or is there?

What methods would you use to beat the handicapper?

Personally I would be up to wake all the horses early in the morning who have entries that day and get them to swim 5-7 miles before loading for the races.

I think that’s legitimate in theory? nothing to say you can’t train your horses before a race is there?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The handicapper has your horse right between the nuts

What methods would you use to beat the handicapper?

Personally I would be up to wake all the horses early in the morning who have entries that day and get them to swim 5-7 miles before loading for the races.

I think that’s legitimate in theory? nothing to say you can’t train your horses before a race is there?

You have a distinct style of writing I’ve seen before on here Horsey,except it was ‘Horsewithmanynames’!! :lol: I love responding to Stupid Posts like this,its my dry humour!! :roll:

HorseWithNoName
    • Total Posts 51

Unlike Ginger, I won’t be drawn into your trolling battles and have asked the admin to remove your post beacause it equates to nothing in terms of the topic.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Unlike Ginger, I won’t be drawn into your trolling battles and have asked the admin to remove your post beacause it equates to nothing in terms of the topic.

If admin keep your ridiculous Thread up then they will keep my response up horsey! Just explain again why you would get up early??
    Is it because you Sh*t the bed? :lol: :lol:
    I remember you posting as

Mr Wilson

,you were voted Troll of the year and by your own admission you couldn’t get out of bed in the morning so how the hell you will take your horses on a 7 mile Swim beggars belief! :roll: Does your local pool have changing facilities for horses? :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Handicaps, because of their very nature they are always going to encourage a fair degree of cheating.

Hence the reason I’ll avoid all bar the valuable ones like the plague and even these I’ll treat with caution.

The late, great Sir Henry couldn’t abide them and I’m with him on that.

Unfortunately I can’t offer an alternative but is it coincidence that so many of these are sponsored by bookies ?

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back ?

Lee

HorseWithNoName
    • Total Posts 51

Handicaps, because of their very nature they are always going to encourage a fair degree of cheating.

Hence the reason I’ll avoid all bar the valuable ones like the plague and even these I’ll treat with caution.

The late, great Sir Henry couldn’t abide them and I’m with him on that.

Unfortunately I can’t offer an alternative but is it coincidence that so many of these are sponsored by bookies ?

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back ?

Lee

See this is where the problem is.

An honest horse will always run to around his genuine level of ability but how expensive is that for an owner? you’re always going to be in the firing line for one lurking below it’s real ability and always running at levels you’re genuinely exposed too?

I’ve come to admire the recent training regimes that give a sprinter a fair deal of freedom once having raced over a mile on several occasions you can often disguise a fair amount of ability particuarly if they are one paced 5th or 6th.

You have to feel for owners and trainers, there’s nothing in the rule book that protects them once their horse has reached it’s optimum level ability is there? it’s as if the handicapper leaves the ceiling open for some miraculous 10-20lb improvement.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.