The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Great St Wilfrid 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Great St Wilfrid 2011

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nulty
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Parisian Pyramid 1.5pts @ 20/1 Ladbrokes

Parisian Pyramid is my bet for the race. It’s difficult to know who’ll run because of weather and trainers multiple entries. Nichols will probably send all his out, he usually does but Kevin Ryan has three inside the cut. Parisian Pyramid has had 3 runs back this season and improved on each of them while falling in the weights. Since his last meeting at Ripon with Tajneed, he has fallen 5lbs while Tajneed has risen 7lbs. Add to that the 5lbs Michael O’Connell claimed that day and there is a stone turn around in the weights for a 2 1/2 length beating. Parisian Pyramid is weighted to go very close and goes on most ground.

More recently Tajneed was beaten a nose at York in October by Parisian Pyramid giving him 5lbs, with the extra weight, it looks certain that Parisian Pyramid will have the measure of the favorite.

Other form lines appear to favour PP. He looks a standout price.

The draw will dictate who wins though as usual.

yorkiedips
    • Total Posts 95

Hi Nulty

Like rationale behind your selection. Will try and get bet on in a shop tom as notice on odds checker (Ladbrokes not shown) best Odds 16/1.

One I have already backed earliers this week …thoguh unsure will run (Also declared Sunday at Ponte and also not sure will get in at weights) so have cut my stake is ]

Dubai Media at 25/1.[/

b]

Backed him last time when he got no run at all. If DM runs I can’t see it being 25/1 on day

Nulty / All – Any thoughts on my inital selection?

yorkiedips

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6149

I agree with Nulty i do same horse for me as well

JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Got on Tajneed at 10s – looks very strong!

nulty
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Bit worried about

Parisian Pyramids

long absence and lack of support in the market although he’s drawn very well. Backed it up with

Fathsta

(2) and

Waffle

(12)

kasparov
    • Total Posts 660

Why is there a draw bias here? It looks like a straight 6 F to me on the map.

Also apparently according to draw websites the draw bias disappears on soft ground so not sure it will have much effect today. Any opinions?

kasparov
    • Total Posts 660

by the way this is the trifecta rollover race so maybe worth a punt on that if you like 3 horses.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

The ground on the inside rail is probably compacted more than the outside as it’s raced on more, and would generally favour low numbers (formerly high) in big field races. Much the same on soft ground too, IIRC.

Fathsta

was slowly away behind Hoof It at York, and consequently had to be switched halfway across the track to deliver his challenge.
    With his favoured cut in the ground, and an even break, it’s hard to see him out of the money from his plum draw.

kasparov
    • Total Posts 660

Well fancy that! Three high drawn horses in the first three and the trifecta paid over £10000.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.