The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Graphic approach

Home Forums Horse Racing Graphic approach

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 60

Has Graphic Approach recovered from his problems after the grand national this year? Just be nice to know he is ok.. anyone who knows if he made it through please let me know.. thanks :)

Seven TowersSeven Towers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 607

According to the RP website he is on the mend.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

He’s doing well & all being well should be able to go home at the end of the week.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Great news :cheesy: :)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 60

thanks that is good news..and it proves that the grand national isnt what the animal rights people make it out to be. no fatalities in that race… well done to all involved. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quite so, Zara – I spent quite a bit of the run-up to the race on other, non-racing websites convincing such characters that this isn’t a sport which it kills its own lightly or as a first resort. The excellent handling of Graphic Approach at Aintree and his evident recovery is as high-profile an example of this as anyone could have wished for.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

I’d agree to those sentiments as well – and Edgy’s assistant couldn’t have praised them more highly – even at 10.30 that night when he got back from the vets!

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

Quote: from graysonscolumn on 3:04 pm on April 22, 2007[br]Quite so, Zara – I spent quite a bit of the run-up to the race on other, non-racing websites convincing such characters that this isn’t a sport which it kills its own lightly or as a first resort. The excellent handling of Graphic Approach at Aintree and his evident recovery is as high-profile an example of this as anyone could have wished for.

gc

<br>

<br>It was a really excellent kick in the teeth for the animal rights people. You’ve only got to listen to trainers/jockeys/owners to know how much they care for their charges. How many times do we hear "I just hope he comes back safely"?

(Edited by Burroughhill at 9:04 pm on April 22, 2007)

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Interestingly enough (and disappointingly!!!) I only saw animal rights protesters on Thursday morning, outside the gates.  I enjoyed throwing a few insults their way, something along the lines of "you just don’t have a ******* clue, do you??" and laughing – but I was up for a dig on Friday & Saturday mornings still being intoxicated from the night before & was a tad disappointed not to see any of the tree hugging tossers!! :giggle:

FactormanFactorman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 389

Shadow Leader,

Your previous post imo has been trashed by your last post which is appalling, nothing will ever be achieved with a "us and them attitude", the animal rights people have got it all wrong imo, but to adopt same aproach to the debate from the other side is no way forward.<br>Some may say that the animal rights people will never see the love, care and attention given to the graceful animals we love and that if any risk is involved in their lives, well it just not the done thing.<br>Maybe so, but should that stop us from telling the true side of the story in that life (working life) involves risk?<br>A horse can be trained, it cannot be forced.<br>Wouldn’t we all like to live in "green pastures"?

We must take a positive approach to debate imo, a passive approach will not do, a realistic, honest and truthful approach is a way forward. Mind you the PC world in general will not like that!

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

I’m sorry if you feel that way Factorman but there is little that makes my blood boil as much as those tree-hugging, crusty, dole-bludging a**eholes who spend all day telling us what we can and can’t do – whilst we’re supporting the cretins by paying our taxes!  Of course it’s an "us & them" situation – those imbeciles couldn’t listen to reason if it hit them around the head.  Animal Aid is a fanatical, dangerous organisation IMO – they produce brainwashing "educational packs" for schools telling them they mustn’t eat meat or dairy produce, mustn’t like racing, mustn’t keep pet birds, yada yada……kids!!!!!  They try to brainwash kids!!!!  Young, growing children should not be encouraged to cut out all meat and dairy produce from their diets or they will not grow properly if they are not receiving the right nutrients, vitamins, minerals & proteins.  

Sorry to have a rant but these types of people are dangerous – and that’s without getting into the ones who blind and/or club hounds [and horses] to put them off the scent of a fox in the name of "caring for animals" ffs!!  

Oh, and the kids they had waving placards about at 11am on the Thursday morning (school, anyone??) looked roughly about 14 or 15.

Ok – rant over, won’t get into that one again! :biggrin:

(Edited by Shadow Leader at 4:31 pm on April 23, 2007)

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

^ That’s more like it! Reasoned anger is always better than petulance :biggrin:

Any more news on Graphic Approach BTW? Out of hospital yet?

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Towards the end of the week I heard, he’s getting better every day :)

becksterbeckster
    • Total Posts 292

i hear hes getting better and had concussion, hope he gets through:biggrin:

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

He’s still up at Liverpool but is getting better daily – hopefully he’ll be able to come home at the end of the week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.