The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 409 through 425 (of 896 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32903

Very impressed with Big Fella Thanks at Newbury yesterday. Travelled surprisingly well, not fully convinced stays 4 1/2 miles. However, he was well handicapped even before Newbury. Won there with plenty in hand, had he not idled badly on the run in would’ve won easily. Acts on good as well as soft and usually jumps well.

Is now in my portfolio of bets.

Would not back Knowhere (almost) any price. Always had some jumping problems, now it is worse than ever. I ask the question: Should he be allowed to run, for his own, his rider and rivals safety?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

What are peoples view here on the Dessie Hughes pair (Black Apalachi & Vic Venturi ) :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

What are peoples view here on the Dessie Hughes pair (Black Apalachi & Vic Venturi ) :)

Black Apalachi will win.

Vic Venturi might win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

i was interested in vic venturi after his win last week, but when checked the national list, i was put off with his weight he has been alloted

vf

• Total Posts 1982

Comply Or Die is well treated to run into a place.

Big Fella Thanks ran an exceptional race last year for an inexperienced 7YO and now runs off 10-12.

Racing Post Chase fancy, Possol, is an improving young horse and stays well.

Air Force One is nicely weighted for a horse with a touch of class.

Possol would not win the Camel Grand National jumping like that. Air Force One heading to Fairyhouse.

That leaves me with Comply Or Die and The Fella.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

i was interested in vic venturi after his win last week, but when checked the national list, i was put off with his weight he has been alloted

vf

So the only negative is weight, thanks guys. GOOD LUCK!

• Total Posts 1046

Possible that Don’t Push It is weighted to win.
    Abbeybraney definitely is.

The main stats horses are about as appealing as a kick in the nuts.

• Total Posts 4293

Would not back Knowhere (almost) any price. Always had some jumping problems, now it is worse than ever. I ask the question: Should he be allowed to run, for his own, his rider and rivals safety?

Prescient.

KendalCavalier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 412

Sorry I’ve been away and missed everything! Why is Gone To Lunch now shown as a doubtful runner? Is he injured?

• Total Posts 4293

Nothing seemed to appear in the media KC, but I haven’t made an active search. Must have been officially scratched. [Confirmation stage next week, I think.]

Only just found out today via the betfair forum that apparently Coe collapsed and died after the Haydock Gold Cup. edit: Correction, Grimthorpe.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Don’t Push It will win the Grand national trust me :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

And now with Casey Jones being put down; looks like my hope Knowhere might still make the cut! Provided he isn’t too injured from today…

Ollie Magern is impressing me so much as of late. I know the numbers don’t seem too appealing, but look at the distances between him and the next 1 or 2. He was less than half a length from being fifth in the King George and the William Hill Trophy… he has to go on my shortlist.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

will cheif dan george go for this or the scottish version?

i know he is quite a way down the list

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

Nothing seemed to appear in the media KC, but I haven’t made an active search. Must have been officially scratched. [Confirmation stage next week, I think.]

Only just found out today via the betfair forum that apparently Coe collapsed and died after the Haydock Gold Cup. edit: Correction, Grimthorpe.

thanks for this info, have crossed him off the list of entries

vf

KendalCavalier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 412

Shame GTL not going for it. Thanks for the info anyway. The value is bit by bit disappearing from a lot of horses now.

I read that Iris de Balme finished distressed after the Grimthorpe too. Hope he makes it.

The Package is looking more and more tempting, when I didn’t really consider him to begin with.

KendalCavalier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 412

Just to note that in the NH Chase chase that has just been run ALL the horses sired by Presenting conked out yet again.

This sire’s 4 mile statistics are becoming more and more appalling.

I am compiling four mile pedigree stats as we speak but we are fast approaching one winner from 40 runners and counting and that winner was not exactly in a high class race (Present M’Lord)

Presenting’s stats will I’m sure be far, far worse than Strong Gale’s by the time he has sired his last runner.

• Total Posts 4293

Now, it is only Niche Market, and possibly War Of Attrition, running for Presenting.

Viewing 17 posts - 409 through 425 (of 896 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.