The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National Acceptors

Home Forums Horse Racing Grand National Acceptors

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cleeve hill boy
    • Total Posts 21

With the national less than 2 weeks away…I’m thinking of backing a couple of horses this week towards the bottom of the weights. Anyone have an idea where the eventual cut-off point will be? With a max of 40 runners what weight will get in to the race?

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Jonjo reckond Drombeag will be pushed to get in and he’s like 60 from the top………..but nothing stopping you from betting anything as if they don’t get in you should get your money back……..check with you bookie but I think all are the same

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

On a back-of-the-envelope calculation I’d say 10-7 will be borderline.

cleeve hill boy
    • Total Posts 21

Thanks carvs

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Judging by today’s RP, I wasn’t far out- I’d say Joe’s Edge is 50-50 to get in, those below him are struggling.

manwithaplan
    • Total Posts 35

Paddy Power are NRNB. Best option if you’re worried about your selection getting in.

Edit – I see FoF has already mentioned NRNB – I should have read this less than extensive thread more carefully :oops:

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

NRNB is a stunningly brainless option for those worried about their fancy missing the cut. Those bookies going NRNB tend to slash their prices accordingly. As FoF states, you will get your stake refunded if your selection misses the cut. ALL Bookies abide by this rule.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Standard Ante Post rules:

"Ante-post bets are accepted on the basis of “all in run or notâ€

cleeve hill boy
    • Total Posts 21

thanks for the advice lads…was looking to nick a few big prices on betfair before the final 40 are announced..so the NRNB lecture doesnt really help

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

thanks for the advice lads…was looking to nick a few big prices on betfair before the final 40 are announced..so the NRNB lecture doesnt really help

Why not? Betfair are bookmakers and the same rules apply. It’s also true that layers with half a clue won’t be laying horses which may be balloted out at inflated prices. You might be able to work out which of the higher weighted runners will be taken out judging by their Betfair prices though.

cleeve hill boy
    • Total Posts 21

yes but if i take a price on betfair and my horse doesnt run is it NRNB????

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

It is if the horse is declared at the final declaration stage. You can usually read which ones missed the cut in the racing press a few days after decs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.