The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gothenburg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Thought this horse might have got a mention for running away with a nursery at Newbury on Sunday. He destroyed his field, a performance backed up on the clock, giving weight away and put up a performance on a par with anything that the likes of Henrythenavigator, Myboycharlie and Winker Watson has achieved taking into account to 2/3 lengths he was eased.

Could someone tell me what I’m missing and why I can still back him for the Guineas at 50/1. Apart from the obvious which is the Boys in Blue could come calling and ruin him.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Oddly enough i was meaning to start a similar thread.

He absolutely cruised away and travelled beautifully. But why is it that hes such a long price?

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Thats a very good shout, and no I don’t think you are missing anything.

The odds are probably what they are because his win came in a Nursery, and I for one can’t remember a horse in recent years to win a handicap en route to winning a classic. However, if you have worked out that his win was on a par with the horses you mention then I strongly suggest you back your judgement at those odds.

To the naked eye, I thought Rio de Le Plata’s performance was just as good, if not better, than what Henry or Winker have achieved, yet he was available at 16/1 immediately afer his win – odds that I failed to grab lol.

Good luck with Gothenburg.

Mike

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Perhaps because he has not been entered up into anything above grp 2’s?

Im a long way from being an expert on the entry system but a good entry is a pointer. Or is it too early to be talking about the autumn group ones just yet?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

He’s already a step ahead of Finsceal Beo, she was beaten in a nursery! Only early closing juvenile events for which the entries are available so far are the Gimcrack, Lowther, Champagne (entered) Mill Reef, Royal Lodge, Fillies’ Mile. Cheveley Park and Middle Park.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

He’s already a step ahead of Finsceal Beo, she was beaten in a nursery! Only early closing juvenile events for which the entries are available so far are the Gimcrack, Lowther, Champagne (entered) Mill Reef, Royal Lodge, Fillies’ Mile. Cheveley Park and Middle Park.

Lol DJ, see, I told you I couldn’t think of the last horse to win a Nursery before winning a Classic lol. And poor Finsceal Beo never even entered my head – I can’t believe I forgot about her lol.

Have to agree with you though, Gothenburg was extremely impressive and on the balance of the form going into the race, it looked a strong race.

Mike

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Now best price 33 thanks to David "Pricewise" Johnson!!!

Habat
    • Total Posts 7

Lol DJ, see, I told you I couldn’t think of the last horse to win a Nursery before winning a Classic lol. And poor Finsceal Beo never even entered my head – I can’t believe I forgot about her lol.

Have to agree with you though, Gothenburg was extremely impressive and on the balance of the form going into the race, it looked a strong race.

Mike

Bollin Eric won the 1mile Nursery H’cap at the Doncaster St Leger meeting in 2001 and returned to the course to win the final Classic the following year.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Welcome to TRF, Habat. 8)

I hope that that is the first of many posts.

Colin

brendanr
    • Total Posts 196

Perhaps because he has not been entered up into anything above grp 2’s?

Im a long way from being an expert on the entry system but a good entry is a pointer. Or is it too early to be talking about the autumn group ones just yet?

He is entered in the Dewhurst Stakes.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

And joining Godolphin, so i’d tear up that ante-post ticket :shock:

Kebab
    • Total Posts 24

Seabird, how come ye never welcomed me ?

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Kebab, does your mummy know you’re playing on her computer?
    When do you go back to school?

James_Richardson
    • Total Posts 18

Kebab,

I think everyone, including our friend Seabird, is well aware of the ‘posts’ you’ve been submitting :evil:

Maybe that’s why you weren’t welcomed, so perhaps take the hint??!! :)

Kebab
    • Total Posts 24

removed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.