The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gordon Richards Stakes 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Gordon Richards Stakes 2012

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Despite the desperate ground, a very respectable turnout for what can often be a moderate event of its type. Twice Over is still well clear of the field on official ratings and with the benefit of a run last week, he must have a very good chance if his trainer allows him to take his chance. There is nothing definitive to suggest he will not act on the going but with a pilot who could get boxed in on a walkover, confidence has to be tempered.
    Poet has proven form on heavy going but it was at a lower level than this so his price does not look to have much mileage in it. Colombian won on very soft at the end of last season and as a 4yo has more scope than the front pair in the betting. Retrieve has plenty of form on “Heavy” going in Australia but how that description compares to the bog at Esher is another unknown.
    Yesterday a previous run proved a big plus so on that basis Twice Over could go off at a relatively huge price for one of his superior talent.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25496

I really wanted to have a bet on Twice Over for this and that run the other day would of done him the world of good and he would of been a good price at odds on if the ground was quicker but in these conditions I’m just watching.

Member since March 2008
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13144

Hoping to retrieve my losses with Twice Over today from last weeks Earl of Sefton.
    He definitely needed the race and will be fitter today. The ground at Newmarket last Thursday was good to soft and Sandown is reported heavy in places.
    Poet is the obvious mud lover in the race and his price is shortening all the time, as low as 3-1 at this moment, he could easily go off favourite. However he is not a Course winner and that is what I hope may be to the advantage of Twice Over.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.