The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gordon Lennon

Home Forums General Sports Gordon Lennon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2390

GORDON LENNON – CLUB STATEMENT
    Monday 8th June 2009

Everybody connected with Dumbarton Football Club are shocked and deeply saddened by the sudden death of club captain Gordon Lennon resulting from a tragic accident whilst on a weekend break with his family.

All our thoughts are with his whole family and in particular his partner Kelly and 5 month old baby Kai.

Gordon was an inspiration both on and off the park and his influence will be felt by many both within and out with Dumbarton Football Club for a very long time to come.

He was not just a quality footballer, he was a great man with so many qualities and was rarely seen without his trademark smile.

He always had time to speak with supporters, of any club, and everyone associated with Dumbarton Football Club are proud that he considered his greatest footballing achievement was lifting the Scottish Football League 3rd Division Championship Trophy as the captain of Dumbarton last month.

Our condolences go out to his family and as a Club we will assist his family in whatever way we can through these difficult times and those that lie ahead.

Further information and updates will be issued as appropriate in due course.

A book of condolences is available at Strathclyde Homes Stadium for anyone who wishes to contribute.

The ins and outs of the football merry-go-round all seem a little less important today. Condolences to the family. RIP Gordon.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

What happened

• Total Posts 2390

A tragic accident from what I can gather David. I think he was driving off-road at some sort of outdoor pursuit center, but I’m not sure on the details, some reports say he collided with a telegraph pole.

Dumbarton have always been my team in Scotland, for some reason, so I was really shocked by the news.

Such a sad waste, a young man with a young family and a really good bloke as well.

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

According to reports I have read he crashed into a pole (not offroad driving, just on a country road) and was then zapped by the electricity wire. You have to feel for the poor guys family. Its tragic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.