The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gordon Elliott and his fairy tales

Home Forums Horse Racing Gordon Elliott and his fairy tales

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 576

Gordon Elliott giving high appraisal to Samcro during the week and his work has been great and he’s withdrawn on the day.
    However, he’s not Nicky Henderson so I think we should let him off and I think the racing industry is going to let him off too so that’s superb.
    How can we possibly put Nicky and Gordon in the same bracket? Wouldn’t be fair.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2714

Is Samcro injured or is it due to the ground?

I saw one of the John Durkan race previews either on the tele or online, can’t remember which, where Elliott stated that Samcro will be better in the spring on better ground. I didn’t have a bet in today’s race but I wouldn’t have been on him due to hearing/seeing this quote and having the ground issue on my mind.

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1232

It’s a fair point

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 576

I was assuming Gordon Elliott and Willie Mullins would be relieved of such criticism and thankfully you’ve confirmed it. They’ve never been shady with the public whatsoever. Let’s all get nicky!! Get those pitchforks out

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 576

Also Mike Henderson has said many times over the years that Altior is better on faster ground so why doesn’t thay relieve him for withdrawing him yesterday?

You’re going to say because he’s won many times on soft ground?

Well so has samcro! Lol he’s won on heavy and soft countless times.

So you can see the double standards.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2714

I guess from your post its coz of the going rather than health.

On heavy ground in grade 1 company Samcro got thrashed by Faugheen last December his only race with heavy in the ground description at grade 1 level.

On the other hand, the going was described as soft good to soft in places at Sandown which Altior has winning grade 1 form on.

I suppose at the top level when you aren’t the best on ratings anyway, no point Samcro running on really bad ground if he ain’t gonna do himself justice.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 576

He’s won 2 grade 1s with heavy in the description and a grade 3

shipithollabolla
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 129

Samcro feels like a borderline welfare concern. In the build-up to Cheltenham, Elliott was talking about how the horse needs long sessions on the nebuliser at home to help his breathing.

Feels like they’re going to enormous lengths to hold him together and keep him a viable racehorse. Where do you draw the line and stop?

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2714

According to the Racing Post the G1 wins are on soft not heavy. Elliott also said in an interview that he shouldnt have run him on heavy last season and wouldn’t be doing so again. See below.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/dual-cheltenham-festival-hero-samcro-not-favourite-on-return-to-action/456973

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8845

Needs to look after him as in my TRF TTF :cry:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.