The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Good luck all

Home Forums Horse Racing Good luck all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I am leaving the forum.

Partly because of certain members and partly to do with having tunnel (wrist complaint)

I wish all of you the very best of punting and hope you have a great Cheltenham

Take care all

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Just before you go – do you have an opinion on the Gold Cup at all?

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Love it, TDK :D

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Good luck FOF you were good and entertaining on here. I always enjoyed reading your views.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Just PM me the number of that bookie who lays the Racing Post prices before you go will you?

Colin Little
    • Total Posts 338

CH, there were a few independant shops my way that used to lay Racing Post forcast prices. That was a several years ago though, pre exchanges and when bookmakers only priced up a few races a day. I’m sure they would not have laid huge bets, but you could get a £10-£20 bet on, even in maidens & novice hurdles.

Not sure if it would be possible now, as almost all of the markets are formed so much earlier.

Sorry to hi-jack the FoF leaving thread !

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I have also bet a Sporting Life sp forecasts, back in the days when the paper was still going. Have also bet at Hills prices with Ladbrokes; it all depends on who you know.
    Also sorry to see FoF leave – nothing wrong with having an opinion, and he always made his pretty clear.

Firestorm
    • Total Posts 62

Best Wishes FOF …..

Take Care :)

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Best wishes, F of F. I hope you change your mind when you’ve calmed down. And best of luck with the carpal tunnel.

Max

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Best of luck FoF – hope you’re leaving more for the tunnel and not other members. Always enjoyed your posts.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

To paraphrase Douglas Adams; So long, and thanks for all the Fist.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

To paraphrase Douglas Adams; So long, and thanks for all the Fist.

gc

Now there’s an epitaph. :shock:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Oh FOF :oops: maybe when you get out of that tunnel you can come back 8) Good luck and take care! :wink:

JimF
    Participant
    • Total Posts 111

Best of luck FoF.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I have also bet a Sporting Life sp forecasts, back in the days when the paper was still going. Have also bet at Hills prices with Ladbrokes; it all depends on who you know.

In fact, thinking about the above, I’m fairly sure that I could bet at newspaper prices only about 10 years ago with the prices available nationwide to telephone punters..
    With a firm called Napoleon’s bookmakers, a Sheffield firm I believe; didn’t last long and were quickly taken over by another obscure outfit, but fairly certain the facility was available to all-comers if they required it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.