The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Globeform Closing Down In Protest

Home Forums Horse Racing Globeform Closing Down In Protest

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

Sad news, was an excellent website run by a true racing enthusiast. The Henderson affair is the reason. Geir Stabell is very, very upset.

“The handling of this whole case and its ‘currents’ is just one of a series of incidents over the past 20 years making it clear to me that, while some try to persuade the world that the integrity of the sport of horseracing in this country is in better shape than ever, it is actually getting worse by the minute. From inadequate security measures, to a lack of understanding and protection of the thouroughbred, via inconsistent, seemingly incompetent, stewards and officials, to fundemental flaws at the heart of what should be the heart of horseracing in this country, The British Horseracing Authority, the picture looks totally dark to me. Until serious changes are implemented, British horseracing is not worth promoting.”

More here if your interested…..

http://www.globeform.com/index.php

sberry
    • Total Posts 1800

As good a website as it looks, the words "over-reaction" "toys" "pram" "chips" and "shoulder" spring to mind.

Marcus Weedon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 66

Stabell had a short spell working for the (then) BHB about five years ago.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1800

short spell

– figures

placemat2
    • Total Posts 318

mmmm.Never seen the web site but he must of planned to stop anyway.Im goona do myself in casue the worlds a terrible place :?

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

As good a website as it looks, the words "over-reaction" "toys" "pram" "chips" and "shoulder" spring to mind.

Just a bit. Lord knows what he’d make of the Lynch thing.

Someone should tell him, though, if you want to make an effective statement you really need to write it down, read it a few times, get someone else to read it, and sleep on it before you make it public. It’s littered with errors that undermine his point.

(or maybe it’s just because I’m a pedant)

gumshield
    • Total Posts 119

You’re not wrong, Roseblossom.

Spelling decidedly unstabell.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3327

To give up on UK racing because of concerns about drug use, but continue to take American racing seriously suggests a certain lack of consistency!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.