The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gitano Hernando Wins Goodwood Stakes

Home Forums Horse Racing Gitano Hernando Wins Goodwood Stakes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Kieren Fallon gave Gitano Hernando a great ride to beat Colonel John and Richard’s Kid in the G1 Goodwood Stakes at Arcadia.

I suppose the’ll go to the Breeders’ Cup next with him.

From a class 3 at Wolverhampton to a Group 1 in a matter of weeks – these drug-fuelled American horses are rubbish aren’t they?

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Even though it was a Class 3 race it was definetly not a Class 3 on paper with him beating Group performers and BC winners at Wolverhampton that night.

His double odds looked pretty big to me as he was mightly impressive at Wolverhampton.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Yank horses are ****. They really are ****. Embarrassing. Have no words to express my disappointment. Shocking. Connections won’t even commit to running the best older filly in the Classic, pathetic. I’m expecting a repeat of the Dubai World Cup night 2009. A load of shite winning followed by a load of shite reappearances.

God I hope the return to dirt next year makes it more interesting because I’d rather watch NH racing from Hexham than this tbh.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Just watched this on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HMIPIr_z_A

A beautiful, uncharacteristically silk-smooth ride from Fallon – reading the jockey’s body language it looked as if Gitano Hernando won with a little in hand. Mine That Bird’s tendency to tail himself off early has now reached eccentric proportions.

Despite the temptation to enjoy some Wolverhampton-American form line jibes, we shouldn’t forget that Gitano Hernando’s unlucky 2nd in the Dee Stakes showed him to be an improving 3yo of potentially high class – he rather than South Easter was the horse to take out of that Derby trial.

pengamon
    • Total Posts 226

That’s at least the 3rd time that Team Valor have had a horse run in the Dee Stakes. He failed to draw into the Kempton Park Kentucky Derby Win and You’re in race in March.

On a side note I see that Churchill has suspended the Kempton Park race for 2010

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.