The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ginger'sWinners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Ginger'sWinners

Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 439 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Cheveley Park – Saturday
    108 points @ 4/5 (L) Lady Aurelia* (min 4/6)

saver:
    18 points @ 6.6/1 (betfair) Roly Poly (min 11/2)(£27 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Middle Park – Saturday
    23 points each way @ 12/1 (SJ) Mokarris* (min 9/1)

16 points each way @ 16/1 (B365) Mubtasim* (min 14/1)

Value Is Everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Middle Park – Saturday

Has there been anything to suggest Mubtasim is certain to go? Hopefully, Bet 365 are not taking a ‘chance’ in the knowledge he is unlikely to run.

Were there any excuses given for the York run? He went left at York and although a class above did drift right and left at Doncaster.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Middle Park – Saturday

Has there been anything to suggest Mubtasim is certain to go? Hopefully, Bet 365 are not taking a ‘chance’ in the knowledge he is unlikely to run.

Were there any excuses given for the York run? He went left at York and although a class above did drift right and left at Doncaster.

Not sure what the reason was for York Stilvi, but he’s bounced back since and won quite easily at Donny. Bet365 have pushed Mubtasim out to 16/1, but far more bookmakers are shortening odds and is shorter than 16/1 on betfair. Many times when a horse ends up not running there is noody wanting to bet, where as with Mubtasin there’s plenty queing up to back him on betfair. Still needs to improve quite a bit on form – particularly if Blue Point puts his best foot forward. However, imo trainer form is even more important this time of year and there is not a trainer in better form than Haggas; although Simon Crisford isn’t far behind. It’s always possile Mubtasim won’t run but given the above think it’s worth a chance.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:40 Newmarket
    23 points each way @ 12/1 (Sky) Sir Dancealot* (min 9/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

23 points each way @ 12/1 (Sky) Sir Dancealot* (min 9/1)

saver:
    42 points @ 11/10 (Sky) Escobar (min 11/10)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Thought Sir Dancealot was going to get up for a mo’. Third was ok.

Value Is Everything
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2518

quick question,query GT,when you have a solid ew bet,why would you then throw away a large chunk with a win saver,I am only asking as i really dont understand that sort of staking.
    You dug out a really nice ew find only to give away your profit

MTOTO88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 343

Surely that depends on your definition of a “safe ew bet”. Does it mean I don’t think it’s value to win the race – therefore you would maybe opt for a Place bet. But it could also mean that the selection is value for both win and place. As we saw Sir Dancealot looked like it might win so EW was probably the best call

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2518

Well safe to me is i am pretty certain of landing the place money to break even or to make a slight profit.For me(and i could be wrong) if i am backing ew i do not see the point in a cover win bet,i am not just saying that because the win bet in this instance ran below par.
    Now i can understand two each way bets at 8s and above,This is in no way having a ‘dig’ at GT,i after over 40 years backing,still like to see other methods.

MTOTO88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 343

If you’re pretty certain that your all your safe EW bet is going to place then give up your day job and back all these safe EW bets to Place only till the cows come home.

Apologies for sarcasm but I’ve never seen a safe EW bet in my life. Every bet has some level of risk to it. The trick is to assess that level of risk and convert that risk into betting odds and find a bookmaker who will offer better.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2518

show me till you brought it up where i used the word safe,i used the word solid,No disrespect Mtoto but i have been full time since 1991 and although its tough and i am by know means a millionaire i am ok

apologises for reply but i am always respectful and polite in all walks of life(as you will see by all my posts) and i dont like being spoken to like i am a complete fool

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Now, now inmates – don’t act as though your names are Steve and Ginge! ;-) I understand what both of you mean.

The prolem comes when I rate the favourite as “value”, but not as good value as the 12/1 shot. Do I:

Ignore the favourite and just back the 12/1 shot each way?
    Or do I back them both for the win (which I used to do)?
    Or do I back the 12/1 shot each way and put a saver on the fav? To be honest, it does not bother me if the place profit is “lost”, doesn’t really bother me if I make a slight loss on the race either. Only matters they are imo “value”.

Idea is… The 12/1 win part is the one “main” bet, with two “savers” – one saver on the fav win bet and the second saver on the place part. It just means am more likely to get at least most of my money back. You have got me thinking though, may well just put the amount I’d profit from the place bet on the fav in future – breaking even with a place and small loss if the fav wins.

However, when starting to use each way bets more often the original idea was to back the “best value” ew and ignore the “lesser value” favourite. Just haven’t got used to doing it yet. Can’t stop myself backing all the value.:lol:

Value Is Everything
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2518

thanks alot for the reply mate,nice to know how others work and even at my age i was like to look at differing views,Hope (and it looks that way) you took my question/query in the context it was meant.
    I must say i am not the best at typing out questions and wording them right(to much sitting at the back of the english class with my sporting life/chronicle)

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Perfectly innocent question nwalton, if you’ve got any questions feel free to ask. :good:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

67 points @ 5/1 (B365) Forge* (min 4/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

67 points @ 5/1 (B365) Forge* (min 4/1)

saver:
    27 points @ 5/2 (Sportsook) Nathra (min 9/4)

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 439 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.