The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ginger's Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Ginger's Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 698 through 714 (of 1,553 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

As usual spot on Mark. That Irish Guineas showed he was just an average/good Group 1 performer on ground softer that gd to firm. On proper fast ground he would take a lot of beating and you would hope that he goes to the Breeder’s Cup and is a backable price as I think he will win impressively. A shame he won’t be kept in training as it would be good to see him against Solow in Dubai or next year in the Champion mile races on fast ground. That won’t happen of course and now, no matter what he does in the States, it will be hard to rate him as highly as his trainer (apparently) does.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 19

any tips for windsor? B-)

Big sports man bigger betting man
    friend me at www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009790890756
    copy and follow my betting at www.betfect.com

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

any tips for windsor? B-)

Here’s one for you Phil:

3:55 Windsor
    43 points @ 5/1 (PP) Spring Loaded* (min 9/2)
    38 points @ 4/1 (L) Memories Galore* (min 4/1)
    saver:
    14 points @ 6/1 (L) Fairway To Heaven (min 6/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2

Thanks for Spring Loaded you made me look at it again and I backed it accordingly.

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Whilst in this sort of form Mark, maybe a dabble at a separate ” Handicap of the day feature “? If a suitable one appeals of course! :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Great to know when TRfers benefit Turpin. :good:

There’s only a few days left of the Flat season Softie. Doubt if I’ll be continuing after Saturday (Newbury and Racing Post Trophy) but may well be doing more week day handicap betting once National Hunt programme is in full swing. :yes:
    Probably keeping to this thread.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

As usual spot on Mark. That Irish Guineas showed he was just an average/good Group 1 performer on ground softer that gd to firm. On proper fast ground he would take a lot of beating and you would hope that he goes to the Breeder’s Cup and is a backable price as I think he will win impressively. A shame he won’t be kept in training as it would be good to see him against Solow in Dubai or next year in the Champion mile races on fast ground. That won’t happen of course and now, no matter what he does in the States, it will be hard to rate him as highly as his trainer (apparently) does.

Totally agree Joni,
    Don’t really like getting involved in USA racing, but if around the current 14/1 nearer te off may well back Gleneagles for the Breeders Cup Classic. imo USA dirt courses need less stamina and even though trainer believes Gleneagles “a miler” – is by stamina influence Galileo. Should be at least as good at the “Classic” trip. Out of a sister to Classic runner-up Giants Causeway, so the surface may be less of a problem too. On form – at the moment he’d be just behind Beholder and American Pharoah, so looks worth a punt at the prices. :yes:

However, the market seems to under-estimate the mare too. Beholder just as impressive as American Pharoah this season. Is a little worrying she’s slightly on the drift whilst all around her are shortening today. :unsure:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19

ok heres good on

Kempton 19:25
    Race winner:21 Oct | 19:25
    City Of Angkor Wat @34.00

it may look unlikely at 34/1 but has others around various forums excited for some reason its worth a couple of quid at least, less than a fiver and you can still make good money, go each way though

Participant
    • Total Posts 19

heres another big odds one with some tipsters marking it

Kempton 17:55
    Go Charlie @21.00

these are the odds i got this morning so may have changed

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Breeders Cup Mile
    37 points @ 6/1 (PP) Time Test* (min 11/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

heres another big odds one with some tipsters marking it

Kempton 17:55
    Go Charlie @21.00

these are the odds i got this morning so may have changed

Those two have a fair bit of temperament Phil, probably why they were that price.

Value Is Everything
    softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Appreciate the flat season is almost over Mark :wacko: , and i know handicaps can be much trickier, but just a thought about Handicap of the Day going forward……maybe a completely separate feature on the thread to see how it goes, TRFers can then decide whether to play or not, possibly 1/2 stakes, that sort of thing – if you are so inclined of course! :mail: :unsure:

MTOTO88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 343

Sounds an exciting idea Softie. I remember the Racing Post tried this idea a few years ago when the bookmakers identified the Feature Race of the Day and Pricewise would put up a tip. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a handicap race but a race of your choosing.
    By the way what has happened to Tom Segal – aka – Pricewise? His tipping results have been awful this year. -114PTS so far this year, according to the following link

MTOTO88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 343
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Racing Post Trophy Doncaster Saturday
    57 points @ 7/2 (B365) Deauville* (min 3/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Appreciate the flat season is almost over Mark :wacko: , and i know handicaps can be much trickier, but just a thought about Handicap of the Day going forward……maybe a completely separate feature on the thread to see how it goes, TRFers can then decide whether to play or not, possibly 1/2 stakes, that sort of thing – if you are so inclined of course! :mail: :unsure:

See what you mean Softie/Mtoto. A “Race Of The Day” (if not “handicap”) is worth considering and I’d be able to keep a seperate record as well as including it in overall totals. Might get me studying most days too, which could be a good thing. No half measures/stakes though.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Mark regards Gleaneagles and the breeders cup.
    His coat was very dull at Ascot and I heard people saying he had gone in it. How quickly and frequently can a horse change a coat?

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 17 posts - 698 through 714 (of 1,553 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.