The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 12 posts - 2,636 through 2,647 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

No more tips.

Ever again? :shock:

Without a saver in the 3.50 Newbury, surely not?

Even old misery guts can come up with one now and again.

Good luck with whatever you intend to do with your ‘free time’. We have disagreed on plenty but hopefully I have grown to respect your different opinions. I think it is becoming increasingly difficult to make a profit at this game so full credit to you for doing just that over a lengthy period.

Hope you do pop back occasionally but clearly that is your choice.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I posted this in the Systems section on the thread now locked.

"…MrE and Billion can throw loads of four letter words at me (which I did not reciprocate) yet nothing is said about that… :roll:

Mind you, before any words came my way they may have thought Mr Systems/moderator himself, Matron was encouraging those strong words; so no doubt thought they were free to do so. :lol:

Matron wrote:Watch out Gingertipster – the war of words are coming your way!

:lol: :lol: :lol:"

Matron,
    If you look at the whole of my post, thought I made it quite clear where I was being serious by the smilies, rolling eyes (:roll:) and where I wasn’t, with laughter :lol: .

May be MrE and Billion were slightly (and only slightly) influenced, may be not, but that’s fine either way. Also in part trying to excuse Billion’s out of character behaviour. I’d like to make it clear I have ABSOLUTELY NO complaint over Matron’s conduct what so ever and took his quip about words coming my way entirely as a semi-joke, and a funny one at that. Do enjoy people taking the mick out of me sometimes; tried to do the same with Matron but sadly it did not come off. Probably because of what came before. My fault. Apologies to Matron if I caused offense.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Good luck with whatever you intend to do with your ‘free time’. We have disagreed on plenty but hopefully I have grown to respect your different opinions. I think it is becoming increasingly difficult to make a profit at this game so full credit to you for doing just that over a lengthy period.

Hope you do pop back occasionally but clearly that is your choice.

Cheers Stilvi,
    Enjoyed our disagreements too. Always found your explanations interesting and because you don’t give many compliments any given mean more because of it. imo It’s a shame more TRFers can not disagree strongly about a topic and then treat the next topic/meeting fresh. I’ll be popping in from time to time (if allowed) but not in DLAP.
    "Respect" as the youth would say.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Take a break Ginger, it does help to put matters into perspective.

Few people know the game inside out the way you do and if you have a weakness it is not knowing when to drop the "bone" and let the other person have it, or leave others to keep gnawing at it, when there is no "meat" left on it anyway.

I pick my own horses but I check in regularly to see where your money is going on races I have an interest in and your thinking is always respected.

When I first came to the forum I homed in on your thread and that of TAPK to get my fix of logic and humour. It is guys like yourselves who form the backbone of the forum, along with the enthusiasm and humour of Nathan Hughes as the glue that binds it together.

Keep backing winners and hope to see your comments in the future.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Some good advice from Mr Caution and a nice post from TAPK.
    Ginger if you do decide to go down the route of

the blog

then let us know how to find it.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Ginge: without doubt the break will do you good! I don’t bother either any more as I was on all the time but enjoy popping in now and then! You write well and had some good runs and great overall results. You must not allow a couple of ‘barneys or arguments’ make you feel bad either! You provided a good read, take a break but reconsider coming back but maybe just for the big meetings – hope you are OK and good luck with whatever you decide :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Agree with what others have said here GT, a break is no harm at all. I haven’t been on here too much during the summer and have taken a step back from racing as a whole as well. I’ve found that the odd weekend when I do focus on racing that I’m enjoying it far more than I would have during the flat season in recent years. Roll on the jumps and hopefully Gingers Jumpers :)

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

I don`t know all the ins and outs of the situation precisely, but i understand that Ginge was trying to protect people from wasting their hard earned by possibly getting involved in an apparent Roulette system which seems to have involved the dangerous progressive staking plan.

He than received a direct communication from Cormack, who, instead of agreeing with Ginge`s sentiment, berated him for being patronising and telling him that there are other ways than his of making a profit. Well, i think we all know that, but it sure as hell aint by getting involved in a progressive staking plan on a game of pure chance!!
    Now, i may be doing Cormack a disservice here as i haven`t read the communication, so now might be a good chance for him to elaborate.
    I do know that Ginge has a genuine desire to prevent people from losing their shirts and if he sees something he feels will do just that, he will voice an opinion.

I also know that he will appreciate the support from members with whom he has crossed swords in the past, albeit in a :wink: sort of mode

• Total Posts 614

Good luck Ginge. Maybe you’ll return for the jumps. I hope your womans roullette scheme works out for the best. It’s not worth splitting up over.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Just back from hols and seems I missed all the fun. Hope you reconsider Ginge. You are easily one of the best and well informed posters on here and I echo Gord in saying you are a genuinely nice guy too.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Arc De Triomphe
    75 points @ 5/1 (L) Treve* (min 7/2)

Good profit, even if ended up with almost a third of the pm price.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

It was a struggle, but have found my Gingers Winners thread.
    Will be starting this again for Newbury’s Greenham meeting.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 12 posts - 2,636 through 2,647 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.