The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1508

I’m no expert on laying horses but I’d imagine that if I wanted to lay a horse at 5/1, and €50 was what I was willing to risk, then €10 would be the potential profit, no? And therefore if the horse lost I would get a return of €60.

In Gingertipster’s case, had Blue Bunting won he would have won £150. £50 @ 9/2 returns £275. Then subtract the stake and the £75 he laid and bobs your uncle: he’s made a profit of £150.

Thm,this is how it works,if you want to make a profit of £50 by laying a horse,you have to stake £50 and hope the bloody thing loses irrelevant of what price the horse is.Obviously you want to minimise your own losses should the horse win so you lay it at the shortest price you can,thats why i lay in running mostly.If you or the Mathematical genius called Ginger lay a horse at 5/1 with eg, £50 your losses should the thing win will be £250,if it was 2/1 you would lose £100,if it was 20/1 you lose £1000,if its 1/2,you lose £25,so the pair of you are wrong.Thats what makes me laugh when you here these so called ‘Layers’ prepared to lay a 10/1 chance all day,the risks are too high,thats 10 x your stake lost should it win,thats why i lay 1/10 shots in running to £100 as my loss is only £10 should it win.There’s more B*llshit written about laying horses than anything else in horseracing,purely because they dont understand how it works!
    In Gingers above case had Blue Bunting won he would have collected £275 for the £50 at 9/2 making a £225 profit but because he had laid it at 2.9 to £75 that bet would have lost him £142 so he wouldn’t have made £150 at all Thm.However the horse lost so he has lost his £50 win stake at the 9/2 but he has collected his £75 lay bet making him a £25 profit on the race! For Ginge to agree with your calculations concerns me!! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

And there was me thinking rocket science was hard……… :mrgreen:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I’m no expert on laying horses but I’d imagine that if I wanted to lay a horse at 5/1, and €50 was what I was willing to risk, then €10 would be the potential profit, no? And therefore if the horse lost I would get a return of €60.

In Gingertipster’s case, had Blue Bunting won he would have won £150. £50 @ 9/2 returns £275. Then subtract the stake and the £75 he laid and bobs your uncle: he’s made a profit of £150.

There’s more B*llshit written about laying horses than anything else in horseracing,purely because they dont understand how it works!
    In Gingers above case had Blue Bunting won he would have collected £275 for the £50 at 9/2 making a £225 profit but because he had laid it at 2.9 to £75 that bet would have lost him £142 so he wouldn’t have made £150 at all Thm.However the horse lost so he has lost his £50 win stake at the 9/2 but he has collected his £75 lay bet making him a £25 profit on the race! For Ginge to agree with your calculations concerns me!! :shock:

Talk about bull! :lol: Take a look at what I said mate.

You don’t seem to understand how laying horses work.

:lol: The price I laid the horse at was

. That is 2.9/1, not 2.9 or 1.9/1 as you say. Some people don’t seem to understand the stake is included in the price on betfair, same as Tote. :wink:

How many more times! I know how laying horses works! All I’ve done is

express it in words differently than you!

Which is also the point THM is making!

In

your language

I…

Laid it at 3.9 to 25.86

Got it?!

Yet

I chose to express it

as…

"Lay: 75 points @ 2.9/1 (betfair) Blue Bunting

(winning 25.86 points)

Getting

half

of the stake on BB back".

Believe it or not mate getting half of my 50 point bet is 25. NOT 142 as you seem to believe!

If my bet was meant the way you claim it to be, then what the Castlemiane 4X do you think "winning 25.86 points" mean?! Tell me that!

So I’ve expressed the bet in a different way than you. Get over it!

It is xxxxxxx obvious what I meant!

Can we please get back to picking winners? It’s the eve of Royal Ascot!

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Coventry Stakes
    21 points @ 20/1 Roman Soldier

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

King’s Stand Stakes

16 points @ 14/1 (b365 bog) Astrophysical Jet
    14 points @ 16/1 (sky) Swiss Diva

both first 4 1/4 odds.

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1508

Ginger Keep your hair on,there’s no need to use foul abusive language like that,its not TAPK you are talking too! :wink: You’re quoted saying ‘Exactly THM’ to the above quote and yet the above is inaccurate,had Blue Bunting won you would have made a profit of £225 from your Win wager of £50 @ 9/2,but where you and Thm are wrong is deducting the £75 LAY wager as the only loss incurred,you say the 2.9 is actually the decimal equivalent to the fractional odds of 3.9,if so your loss laying the horse is £217 which when deducted from your win bet leaves a profit of £8,now you can argue all night with your blinding Mathematical knowledge but the above bet wont show a profit of £150 like you two seem to think in a million years i’m afraid! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I think we all know what the source of confusion is here (I think :? ).

Rightly or wrongly, if I was laying a 2/1 shot and wanted to risk £100, I would have called the £100 pound my stake. I suppose this is the liability, and £50 the stake. :?

Surely you understand the cause of the confusion Gord! :|

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Ginger Keep your hair on,there’s no need to use foul abusive language like that,its not TAPK you are talking too! :wink: You’re quoted saying ‘Exactly THM’ to the above quote and yet the above is inaccurate,had Blue Bunting won you would have made a profit of £225 from your Win wager of £50 @ 9/2,but where you and Thm are wrong is deducting the £75 LAY wager as the only loss incurred,you say the 2.9 is actually the decimal equivalent to the fractional odds of 3.9,if so your loss laying the horse is £217 which when deducted from your win bet leaves a profit of £8,now you can argue all night with your blinding Mathematical knowledge but the above bet wont show a profit of £150 like you two seem to think in a million years i’m afraid! :shock:

:roll:

How Many More Times?

You are describing a wager of (IN YOUR LANGUAGE) 75 points @ 3.9
    75 X 2.9 = 217.5

AGREED!!!

If

that was what my wager was it would indeed result in a loss of 217.5 points.

BUT MY WAGER WAS

NOT

THE ONE YOU DESCRIBE!!!!!

IN YOUR LANGUAGE my wager was actually a

Lay of 25.86 points @ 3.9

25.86 X 2.9 =

GOT IT NOW???

This is what my original bet said:
    "Lay: 75 points @ 2.9/1 (betfair) Blue Bunting (

winning 25.86 points

)
    Getting half of the stake on BB back".

PLEASE note, I said how much the bet would be WINNING (

points). The other figure of 75 points is the

risked amount

(stake) and

corresponds

with the 25.86 (

25.86 x 2.9 = 75

). I did not say "winning 75 points" and there was no mention of "217.5 points".

What do you think me saying "winning 25.86" was all about?

Because

according to you

that figure had

nothing

to do with my wager!

I even said "Getting half of the stake on BB back"

Half

of my stake of

points on Blue Bunting is

. Half of 50

IS NOT 75

My only sin was not to use YOUR LANGUAGE to describe MY bet.
    I chose to express MY WAGER (not YOURS but MINE) in a DIFFERENT way to YOU. My wager told everyone how much I was RISKING and how much my bet would WIN……. BUT THAT IS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU!

I was saying "exactly" because THM had the RETURN correct. As in 275 points. NOT like your stuff. 50 @ 9/2 RETURNS 275. 4.5 X 50 = 225 + 50 = 275. A profit of 225 points. The Lay part is then taken away from those winnings. 225 – 75 =

150 points

Why

have you not aknowledged that I told everyone in my original post that my winnings would be

25.86 points

?

To suggest people don’t understand laying is ridiculous when any fool can see all that has been done is to use a different way of expressing something. When you

imply

that I am talking "BS", then yes I am going to be angry. But unlike you, I have not used foul language. XX

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Coventry Stakes

16 points @ 20/1 (SJ) Fullbright
    9 points @ 5/1 (SJ) Power
    6 points @ 8/1 (b365) Gatepost

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

King’s Stand Stakes

16 points @ 14/1 (b365 bog) Astrophysical Jet
    14 points @ 16/1 (sky) Swiss Diva

both first 4 1/4 odds.

5 points @ 16/1 (sky) Sweet Sanette
    5 points @ 14/1 (Corals) Bridgetown

Astrophysical Jet and Swiss Diva are obviously each way (32 and 28 staked). Sweet Sanette and Bridgetown are both win only savers.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Coventry Stakes

16 points @ 20/1 (SJ) Fullbright
    9 points @ 5/1 (SJ) Power
    6 points @ 8/1 (b365) Gatepost

2 points @ 69/1 (betfair) Campanology

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1508

I shall

Prohibit

myself from mentioning your Mathematical and Scientific genius regarding over-rounds and percentages again Ginge and as for laying one…Ouch! Good luck with Royal Ascot,it should be a cracker. :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"KINGFISHER" wrote: I shall Prohibit myself from mentioning your Mathematical and Scientific genius regarding over-rounds and percentages again Ginge and as for laying one…Ouch! Good luck with Royal Ascot,it should be a cracker. :D

Good luck ‘Messieurs’ :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Queen Anne Stakes

10 points each way @ 25/1 (Ladbrokes) Cityscape
    5 points (win) @ 35/1 (betfair) Cityscape

16 points @ 13/8 (SJ) Canford Cliffs

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I shall

Prohibit

myself from mentioning your Mathematical and Scientific genius regarding over-rounds and percentages again Ginge and as for laying one…Ouch! Good luck with Royal Ascot,it should be a cracker. :D

Let’s forget about what’s gone on here.

Dreams Ahead

:wink:

Good luck King.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Queen Mary
    20 points each way @ 8/1 (b365, WH) Gypsy Robin
    13 points eaxh way @ 12/1 (b365) Best Terms

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Jersey Stakes
    40 points @ 7/1 (b365) Western Aristocrat

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.