The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

George 8 years

Home Forums Horse Racing George 8 years

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1571

Is his sentence severe because he is a soft target and what might be termed in certain gentleman’s clubs a "damned foreigner"?

Its hardly smacks of a slick organized criminal syndicate.

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Is his sentence severe because he is a soft target and what might be termed in certain gentleman’s clubs a "damned foreigner"?

No.

His sentence is actually less than half of what could be given. The entry point for instructing a rider to sit out the back and make no effort (look at the comical ride on the heavily-layed Timeteam!) is eight years. For a second offence it is 16 years. For his earlier laying of a horse (twice) he should have received 18 months and for passing on corrupt information another 3 years. The stewards allowed all sentences to run concurrently so he received an eight-year ban rather than a potential 20-year ban.

Read the full BHA script on the case. This is corrupt practice. Not only that it is

repeated

corrupt practice. Three Pakistani cricketers and Essex CCC’s Mervyn Westfield have been jailed for similar.

I’d suggest it could be Mr Prodroumou’s lucky day.

Mike

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1571

Fair point Mike.

Though he never struck me as the sharpest tool in the box. Perhaps if someone explains he could have got more severe sentence he will see the folly of appealing but I wouldn’t count on it.

trapper john
    • Total Posts 196

I agree think he got off lightly just had a look at these two rides absolutely blatant by the jockey in my opinion especialy in timeteams case she didnt budge when the stalls opened and if you look closely she looks like she has the horses head twisted to the side before the stalls open deserves what he got imo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.