The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gavin ‘the rock’ Rees vs. Andreas Kotelnik

Home Forums General Sports Gavin ‘the rock’ Rees vs. Andreas Kotelnik

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

A bit late but i didn’t think i’d be in to watch this – tonight’s Setanta Sports boxing offering

I’m looking forward to this because while the Ukrainian has been mostly fighting at title level (of some sort) for his past ten fights and has a record of 28-1-2, his 2 defeats within those last ten have included a loss to Junior Witter as well as a loss and then a draw to Souleymayne M’baye whom Gavin Rees beat last time out

That line through M’baye makes Rees sound great value in the betting, but before the M’baye fight, Rees had only ever had one 12 round fight in his previous 26 fight career, which whilst unbeaten has included some ‘boxers’ who would struggle to get a draw against most of TRF’s forumites – in fact his fight before the victory over M’baye was against one Billy ‘the gypsy’ Smith who spectacularly managed to lose his first 24 fights and only manage to stop this suicidal run of match making with a no-contest caused by a bomb scare

this aside, i’m thinking this is going to be a fight that goes the distance, knockdowns not featuring much amongst either of these fighters records,

at the prices i fancy a small wager on rees to win the fight, hoping his last win wasn’t a fluke and if necessary the home judges with a bit of big Frank Warren’s wedge in their sky rockets will get him over the line at the death

Gavin Rees to win @ 2.78

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

well, you don’t see many world title fights stopped with less than a minute to go in the last round with both boxers on their feet but i think it may just have stopped a shocking home decision financed by Frank Warren productions – not seen the scorecards yet but while the Ukrainian was by far the better fighter, that may just have been a stitch up narrowly avoided

Peter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 548

well, you don’t see many world title fights stopped with less than a minute to go in the last round with both boxers on their feet but i think it may just have stopped a shocking home decision financed by Frank Warren productions – not seen the scorecards yet but while the Ukrainian was by far the better fighter, that may just have been a stitch up narrowly avoided

What are you saying, Simon?

Frank Warren uses every trick in the book to get his fighters arm raised surely not :wink:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.