The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Galway 2011

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    RoyalAcademy2RoyalAcademy2
    • Total Posts 59

I have been compiling a list of horses being targetted at the Galway Festival. It runs to many pages (over 30) so too large to post here.

Some interesting snippets I am uncovering along the way:

* Galway Plate horse that was in training in Newmarket and represents same connections that won at festival with a similarly-trained horse in 2008.
    * Hurdle-winning trainer with 6% overall strike rate but improving to 40% and 10-points clear profit with his handicappers that have started at under 10/1 only.
    * Jumps trainer with an impressive three placed horses on the flat from just five runners over last three years.
    * Trainer who is "half-serious" about winning the Plate with a horse who’s won twice, been second twice and was 4th on five of it’s 6 Galway outings.
    * South-east trainer in the form of his life that is earmarking three horses to run at Ballybrit and who has an impressive two wins from just three runners over the past three years.
    * Small lady trainer from the midlands targetting Galway since last May with a modest handicapper but she has been placed twice at 25’s and 14’s at the festival from only four ever runners.
    * One of the week’s feature races will contain a favourite where his trainer is on a 30+ losing streak that includes five horses beaten at less than 5/1. You have to go back to 2005 to find a winning horse for the stable.
    * Feared gambling stable with five winners from 41 runners (5/1 best SP). 27 of these started at under 10/1 over past few years. Result? 22 beaten including the five shortest priced: 6/4, 9/4, 5/4, 5/2 & 9/4. A layer’s dream!
    * Currgah trainer being far more selective in his runners (from being mob-handed in the past) with 3 placed horses from 5 runners in past two years.
    * New-found enthusiasm for Galway for a trainer with no recent runners but a very healthy strike-rate and profit when concentrating on his fancied horses (< 10/1) from 2006-2008.

I would be happy to share them with anyone interested.

Just email your address to: royalacademy1@ireland.com

and I should have them in a reasonable format by the weekend.

(This is not spam and I contribute reasonably regularly to a thread called "National Hunt Bulletin")

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.