The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Galway 2009

Home Forums Horse Racing Galway 2009

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RoyalAcademy
    • Total Posts 45

Hi,
    If anyone is interested in some notes on horses targetted at galway I would be happy to share my research. It can be a trappy meeting with a lot of low-grade racing that are hard to decipher.

My notes are quite extensive and run to many pages so its not appropriate to post here.

I assure one and all that this is not spam.

Email: royalacademy@ireland.com

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6226

Royal Academy

Welcome to the Forum!

You could post them on the TRENDS, RESEARCH AND NOTEBOOKS section of the Forum if they are general notes. I’ve been posting ‘quite extensive’ notes on Scottish racing and Northern jumping for ages and there haven’t been any objections. A few pats on the back, and no doubt a few ‘behind the back sniggers’, but no objections! Alternatively you could post under DAILY LAYS AND PLAYS if they are Day/Event specific.

Rob

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I notice you’ve posted similar on the Betfair forum. I must admit to being a bit suspicious of your motives- there’s plenty of room on the site here to copy and paste even a big word document so I’m a bit puzzled as to why you need people’s emails to share your observations- you certainly won’t be getting mine! Would be intersted in reading them on a public board though.

BUD
    • Total Posts 98

I notice you’ve posted similar on the Betfair forum. I must admit to being a bit suspicious of your motives- there’s plenty of room on the site here to copy and paste even a big word document so I’m a bit puzzled as to why you need people’s emails to share your observations- you certainly won’t be getting mine! Would be intersted in reading them on a public board though.

thanks I almost–Ya Thanks!! :)

RoyalAcademy
    • Total Posts 45

simple answer…

Cynicism, skepticism and ridicule can be pretty unpleasant when you offer your opinions publicly or raise your head above the parapet. (You wont need reminding carvills of those decent contributors driven from the forum in the past. Email addresses are two-a-penny nowadays and hardly any threat to one’s privacy)

I simply prefer to offer one-to-one and I dont think u will get a single compalint from those that responded so far. At least, I haven’t. In fact, it offers a better opportunity to relate to fellow punters.

But each to his own and my offer is genuine.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

Being the naive type, I emailed RoyalAcademy and have just received a 20 page Word document dripping with notes on the Galway horses.

Thanks David.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Would RA mind CR forwarding it to me hence avoiding the privacy issue? No hard feelings like :D

RoyalAcademy
    • Total Posts 45

No reply.

Just please dont post it publicly.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

Sent carvills. Thanks again RA.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Cormack can be the final arbiter on this, but regardless of how useful CR may find the output, a newly registered user solicting e-mail addresses on only his third-post would have been called-out for a spammer in the not too distant past.

No offence, RA – I’m not particularly questioning your motives, but equally, Admin should display some consistency when it comes to this kind of thing.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

No offence, RA – I’m not particularly questioning your motives, but equally, Admin should display some consistency when it comes to this kind of thing.

Agree. RA should have cleared it with the mods first. Apologies if any confusion caused on my part.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.