The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Futurity Stakes 2006

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Futurity Stakes 2006

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Looks an interesting renewal and Trinity College is probably going to have to be every bit as good as Fallon suggested to take this on just his second start. Teofilo sets a very stiff standard, his maiden win against Red Rock Canyon looks solid whilst his listed win at Leopardstown also looks very solid, the runner-up placed in the Chesham and the fifth Hammers Boy going on to defy 95 in a nursery next time. Teofilo rates a solid bet at 9/4 imo.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I see Trinity College is being well supported for the Guineas – BP 16/1 now.

I just fancy Teofilo for this one who has the form in the book.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

TC will probably be favourite for the Guineas after this if he beats Teofilo on only his second run. The ground will be important, if its genuinely good I think TC will have too many gears for the Galileo colt.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

It hardly failed for stamina today did it? The horse was never really travelling having been ridden in completely different fashion to his debut. Wouldn’t be the first one from the stable this season to bomb out tried in group company after an impressive maiden win to bounce back would he?

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Drop in trip?!??! Ran as green as grass and stayed on well to be fourth. Might not be a superstar but he is certainly not a sprinter.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

To be honest I wouldn’t be wanting to back any of those runners for the Guineas.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

I did not back it either. You laid it ciorrectly, as did many many people judging by the price it ended up. However I am certain you backed it for the wrong reasons juding on the result. But hey still money in the pocket.

I doubt we will ever see this horse over 6furlongs, he does not have a sprinters pedigree or physique.

(Edited by Aidan at 4:54 pm on Aug. 26, 2006)

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

That was a good race today, it usually is. Will throw up plenty of winners.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Did you see the race?

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

I saw the race. The winner had to work hard. Decent horses no doubt but I’d be surprised if any of them are superstars. Trinity College was held up, never really travelled and never looked like getting in a blow, disappointing.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

EC I did see the race and would have to disagree. Travelled ok towards the back but niggled along 4f out. Was last with 1.5f to run but did stay on towards the finish. He might have found the race a shock to the system. The Guineas looks a long way off now but 8f may suit.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from EC on 5:48 pm on Aug. 26, 2006[br]two people watch a race..and draw completely different views from it

just shows..nothing is for definate in this game..all about one opinion agin another

<br>It’s all about opinions. May be best to ignore mine at the moment though as I’m struggling to pick my nose let alone a winner.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

……..to you maybe!;)

Colin

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

We’ll see what connections do next EC – stick or twist.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Regardless of the merits of the horse, the question you have to ask yourself is did Fallon come back in and say to O’Brien this horse rode like a horse that needs dropping back to six furlongs. On the basis of todays race and his debut there is absolutely no chance….anyone who saw the race could see that for themselves.

Jim Bolger says the winner is the best horse he has ever trained, and he has had plenty of good ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.